584,798 active members*
4,261 visitors online*
Register for free
Login Register
CHIRON Group SE Forum

PERFORMANCE MEETS PRECISION

Phase Converters > 30HP Phase Perfect PT-380 Forsale--Low Hours-GOOD DEAL

30HP Phase Perfect PT-380 Forsale--Low Hours-GOOD DEAL

Posting this here guys because i think it will get the most hits.

I have for sale a very lower hour Phase Perfect PT-380 Phase converter. I purchased this new in the summer of 2017 for $7800.

My plan was to have three phase installed this year but covid has delayed that plan. AEP has told me i gotta wait until next fall. I Just bought myself a big mazak lathe so i need a bigger phase converter to power it.

Phase Technologies gets $7125 for these now.

Im selling this for $4500.
    This is located in Dowagiac Michgian (southwestern part of the state).
    Im not willing to ship this item. its big and heavy.
    Pickup only at my shop.
    I still have it hooked up to my mazak mill and you can see it run.
    contact Jay @
    269-605-6224
    [email protected]
    As you can see from the pictures. this unit is like brand new. no damage to the cabinet and super clean inside and out. I used this to power my mazak mill for my side business. Only has 800 hours on it.

This unit will run a 30HP motor. rated at 96 amps. it can do 400% load for 4 seconds. This is perfect for you cnc machine. nice balanced power and very low power draw at idle.

Save yourself a bundle of cash and give yourself a nice christmas present!!!!!

Attachment 454752Attachment 454754Attachment 454756Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20201221_105928742.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	164.9 KB 
ID:	454758

Re: 30HP Phase Perfect PT-380 Forsale--Low Hours-GOOD DEAL

Are these digital phase converters so efficient that basically you just fire it up when you get in shop and cut it off at end of day. I guess what that means is you can have just one 3 phase panel and pull single phase from that too? Instead of the usual single phase panel then RPC then 3 phase panel?

Quote Originally Posted by Johns tool room View Post
    Are these digital phase converters so efficient that basically you just fire it up when you get in shop and cut it off at end of day. I guess what that means is you can have just one 3 phase panel and pull single phase from that too? Instead of the usual single phase panel then RPC then 3 phase panel?
    As long as the sub panel has enough Amps for the Phase Perfect and your other 240v single phase needs then that would work just fine

You can have a remote toggle switch to turn the Phase Perfect On /Off when it is not needed they are very efficient but still use some power when it is not doing anything they have cooling fans that run automatically, an RPC does not compare but they are a lot less money, I have a Phase Perfect and would never use a RPC ever again
    Mactec54

You already sold the unit? You have to understand, I have 3 phase lines about 200 ft away from my shop. Power company just wanted north of $10,000 to add transformers and hook me up. My neighbor was $1700 back in 2007. I am thinking if I use enough wattage, maybe they will hook me up for a decent price. At least that is what a big local electrical contractor said.

You already sold the unit? You have to understand, I have 3 phase lines about 200 ft away from my shop. Power company just wanted north of $10,000 to add transformers and hook me up. My neighbor was $1700 back in 2007. I am thinking if I use enough wattage, maybe they will hook me up for a decent price. At least that is what a big local electrical contractor said.
    I had a quote of over 20K so 10K is not so bad you could spend close to that on a Phase Perfect

I think your local electrical contractor is smoking something, besides the 240v single phase power is cheaper which is better for you if you can manage with what you have, if you are using a RPC then that is not very efficient and cost you a lot more to run to get your 3 Phase power the Phase Perfect is around 98% efficient the RPC's are around 40% to 60% at best
    Mactec54

3 phase and single phase comes out the same . U pay more you get more power that is all. The charge at a higher rate because commercial but that is it. BTW I already have a 50 hp TEFC motor, so I just need a panel to balance and run it.

3 phase and single phase comes out the same . U pay more you get more power that is all. The charge at a higher rate because commercial but that is it. BTW I already have a 50 hp TEFC motor, so I just need a panel to balance and run it.
    Good luck with your project
    Mactec54

Thanks, you see, the price you were asking for that converter was so nice, I was thinking " why break my head with all this $h!t ???"