585,712 active members*
4,045 visitors online*
Register for free
Login Register
CHIRON Group SE Forum

PERFORMANCE MEETS PRECISION

Phase Converters > Delta VFD-B with "EF" Code

Delta VFD-B with "EF" Code

I've recently installed a new drive in a machine that runs both single and 3 phase 208v, currently tied into 220v. I can start the motor using the HID, but that's it. I can only start and stop it, I can't change speed or direction. The bigger problem (I think) is that I can't start the machine using the "machine installed" switches on the machine handle (which are an E-stop, momentary stop and rheostat). When I do use the "Momentary Start" switch I get an "EF" code on the HID. If I clear that using the "STOP/RESET" switch that code will go away. At that point I can hit the "RUN" button on the HID and it will turn on and shut off, but again no speed control.

Do I need to "tell" the FVD to recognize that there are external switches that are going to control the system? Once the machine is in use, the HID is NEVER USED. We view the Hz as a reference to head speed of the machine but that's it. It's sealed under a plexiglass cover.

Any help you can give is greatly appreciated. As you might have figured out from the question; in your response, please word it like you're talking to a slow 4 year old.

Thank you

In turn, if you have any questions about grinding and polishing concrete, terrazzo or stone floors; I will gladly return the favor.

Re: Delta VFD-B with "EF" Code

Quote Originally Posted by Marbleguy View Post
    I've recently installed a new drive in a machine that runs both single and 3 phase 208v, currently tied into 220v. I can start the motor using the HID, but that's it. I can only start and stop it, I can't change speed or direction. The bigger problem (I think) is that I can't start the machine using the "machine installed" switches on the machine handle (which are an E-stop, momentary stop and rheostat). When I do use the "Momentary Start" switch I get an "EF" code on the HID. If I clear that using the "STOP/RESET" switch that code will go away. At that point I can hit the "RUN" button on the HID and it will turn on and shut off, but again no speed control.

Do I need to "tell" the FVD to recognize that there are external switches that are going to control the system? Once the machine is in use, the HID is NEVER USED. We view the Hz as a reference to head speed of the machine but that's it. It's sealed under a plexiglass cover.

Any help you can give is greatly appreciated. As you might have figured out from the question; in your response, please word it like you're talking to a slow 4 year old.

Thank you

In turn, if you have any questions about grinding and polishing concrete, terrazzo or stone floors; I will gladly return the favor.
    Well, the Delta is not an easy VFD Drive to get right.

Need to know what and how you have wired the input Power

What are the Motor specs??

EF means you have a wiring problem or how you are switching the power to the drive or motor incorrectly

The speed control means you have nor set the needed Parameters for this to work

Need some photos to see what you are doing
    Mactec54