585,982 active members*
4,736 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Milltronics > 2 new to me partner 1's

2 new to me partner 1's

I purchased 2 Milltronics Partner 1's I should be picking them up on Tuesday. These are my first CNC for personal use at home and my first time using Milltronics machines and Centurion controls.One has a centurion 6 and has a 5. But after studying them on the net and looking at it I don't think that control will give me much trouble. The one with the 5 control needs its parameters reloaded, and the 6 needs a cmos battery. can I just save the parameters to a floppy disk and load them each time I start the machine? The guy I got them from said he just pulls the box and brings it to Milltronics to repair. "They are about an hr drive so not bad" But I just spent most of my machine budget so I was hoping the first option would work temp until I at least save up the cash to get them tooled up.
    Servicing them is new to me so please be patient with me as I am sure I will have a ton of questions.
    Also he is loading them on my trailer but when I get home I don't have a forklift so is hiring a rigging company my best bet? They are going in my home garage with a 7ft door, suggestions?
    Thank You in advance for your help.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 00202_hcAYC20zcXw_600x450.jpg  

Re: 2 new to me partner 1's

Dragracer06, I can help you.
    PM me with your info. well help you.

Sportybob

Thanks sportybob I will do that. I just got them home. Not sure how I'm going to get them off the trailer though. Might have to tarp them up tonight and work on them in the morning after work?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20151222_133633.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	94.3 KB 
ID:	301617

The older of the two machines needed a ps2 style plug keyboard and I was concerned where the heck am I going to find something that old. Well I went to my parents house and dug through my old computer stuff and found two of them in a box beside my old laser128 and appleIIgs I think I just dated myself, but I'll keep telling myself 31 isn't old Click image for larger version. 

Name:	key1.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	91.2 KB 
ID:	302339
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	key2 (2).jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	91.4 KB 
ID:	302341

Thanks sportybob for the help so far, I will be contacting you about getting the head down on the older one, so it will fit in the door, after the new year for some more help, the wife is taking me to some fancy hotel or something so I won't be around until then. I think the rigging company should be coming Thursday. I'm just waiting on the confirmation, then once they are in I'll hire you to fix them up.

does the partner1 run a 45 or 60 degree pull stud for the cat 40 holder?

I am so stoked!!!!! A neighbors friend came over with his huge front loader and forks and lifted my machines off the trailer and poked them in the garage then we pallet jacked them into position. I'll post pictures later, I have to get a nap before work tonight. He only charged me $100, so I gave him $150 since the rigging company wanted way more and did a poor job of keeping in touch. I will get the electrician in asap then we can go from there.

Hi Dragonracer06, It is the 60 deg. here are a couple of P/N's the tool supplier can usually cross one of these #'s
    Command P/N RB4E-0002
    Kennametal P/N RK31114A
    Valenite P/N PT-532-60

Call or PM me for tool sources

Sportybob

Hello just wondering how your making on with centurions... I to have a partner 1 and love it no issue here, I did how ever upgrade all electrics and still have motors and old cpu kicking around with front panel and servo drives also power supply 15volt and relay boards etc.. as for the params ??? cant help there unless you give more detail to the issues and what its asking from you??? im sure the isa card has all info needed on it and you just have to tell it the right options.. did you get any disks???

Got 200 amp service installed in the garage Wed and got them wired up. I was able to run and do a tool change on the Cent 6 machine. But then my compressor died, so I'm done until I can save a little more cash to replace it. During startup I just had to enter a few parameters on the 6 that the old owner showed me then it was good to go until I lost air. The cent 5 machine I had to unplug the main keyboard to plug in a different one but i didn't know what params to put in so I just didn't change anything and got it to the main page, and that's when my 2 year old woke from his nap so that's all the farther I got.
    As far as tooling goes I ordered 5 cat 40 er32 holders, pullstuds and collets from well I'm sure I'd get razzed if I say, but when I put them in an old fadal that we have laying around at work the only had .002 run out so they should work for now. "I didn't have the stones to see how they would go in one of our 5 axis mazaks lol"
    my to do/buy list,
    clean hook up coolant tanks
    buy vises "I have one old enco on a swivel base that came with my manual machines but I was just going to put that on my old millwrite, not nice enough for my bridgeport or my partner 1's
    buy new compressor
    buy air dryer
    Get Bob to replace cmos batteries.

Oh btw I seen that they used to offer a programming simulator for the pc does anyone know where I can get that?
    Last edited by dragracer06; 01-24-2016 at 09:09 PM.

I got air to the Centurion6 machine now so I can play a little. The control is a bit different then what I'm used to, but I should be ok. Milltronics used to offer a download of the control that I could run on my computer but its no longer on the site. Does anyone have a copy I can get or should I just contact them and see if they can send it? I'd much rather learn inside vs standing with the machine on in my garage.
    Thank you everyone for your help so far.
    Last edited by dragracer06; 02-06-2016 at 08:17 PM.

service_75 so you have a centurion6 stuff floating around? What would like for it? No I did not get any disks with either machine.

Super stoked I got the cent5 to move ,x,y,z under its own power, its still not right but it's a start one step closer to getting both machines online. I can make chips with the cent6 machine, But I had no Idea what to expect from the cent5, as it was offline when I bought it. I was so exited I had to show my wife, "I don't think she cared but she smiled and pretended to be happy"

Hi Dragracer, As long as she did not roll her eyes when she smiled, She just might care and love ya.
    ya got my number, call with any questions.

Sportybob