585,589 active members*
3,342 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Cincinnati CNC > A2100 door shotbolt release incomplete

A2100 door shotbolt release incomplete

Fired up the Arrow 1000 this morning, only to be greeted with a halt and presented with door shotbolt cycle incomplete.

When running at 75% capacity the mill seems to run and alter rotations without hiccups, but loses power at ~2000rpm.... Have been advised to retire the mill but that'd be last resort.

Re: A2100 door shotbolt release incomplete

I am not that familiar with the 1000 but it sounds as though a proximity or switch has not been registered to confirm shotbolt position?
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

If it's the same as our 1999 Arrow then the door lock has a ten wire cable connected to it. Two wires each for the four plunger type switches and two more for the release solenoid. The cable and the switches are likely suspects, we've gone through 2 switches and one cable so far. The switches are connected to a Siemens safety relay so they can't be jumped out but you can test and or adjust them to compensate for wear on the switch plungers. When I replaced the cable I mounted a common 4 inch conduit box on the top of the machine as a junction/splice box so I could just cut off three or four feet from the cable end that was bad and keep the rest of the cable that goes into the control cabinet. Then I spliced the new cable to the good part of the original and run it to the switch with a big loop of slack. That should get you started.

Thank you Al and Bob for the prompt reply!

Sorry for not being descriptive enough as I'm not familiar with vmc, but from reading the manual and consulted the techs, was informed that the door has been damaged prior. But from reading Mike Kilroy's posts we've resolved the problem (faulty and dirty PSR, big props to the man!) thus far... From one of the posts, the Arrow 1000 (maybe other vmc too) requires 0.1A at 150rpm, so I gradually incremented the rpm to 1500 and got a reading of 0.01A, long story short... Pulled the PSR and gave it a clean, appears to be blown fuse and another small component which I do not know the name (black semi circle, with 3 pins to the board) so now the mill centre can go from 0 to 3000rpm without getting the Alarm 39-37(Spindle stopped failure) and 39-35(Spindle not up to speed).

My next question is regarding general maintenance as I was told this machine has been collecting dust for over 6 months and hasn't had it's lubrications checked... I looked up what and how to apply Klueber NBU 15 (Apparently they're the best for the application, as anything capable of over 8000rpm requires oil), but need to remove the spindle bearings? As I'm not a qualified technician or familiar with these machines yet would like to DIY, are the grease applicable without removing belt and bearings?

And if yes, is it possible to maybe run the spindle to certain median speed and test the spindle temp with a thermometer of some kind provided the temperature doesn't exceed 130~140 degree celcius ( NBU 15 operating temp ranges from -40 to 130 degree C)

Warm regards
    Michael

IF you look at the electrical prints you will find 2 inputs from the door shot bolt to the control #1 is LS-7 (CLOSED) as LS_OPDR_CLSD and LS-7 (LOCKED) as LS_OPDR_LOCK. This duel input switch is normally open. Look at the program ware in the service mode under the MORE screen. You must not be getting one of the inputs.

MIKE CNC Machine Services INC | Cincinnati Milacron MachinesCNC Machine Services

Hi meckardt

Will have to find the electrical prints and suss out what the deal is, but my main concern initially was due to a faulty PSR which Mike Kilroy has help corrected and yet to come across that same alarm so if it happens agaian will definitely look up your method, thank you for the reply.