584,800 active members*
4,658 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Extract Data from Mazak Controllers

Hi. What are my options, other than MTConnect, for extracting production data from the various Mazatrol controllers?

For newer machines running Windows, I can add a network card and write Windows programs to capture the data if that is possible.

Thanks,

Arthur

Re: Extract Data from Mazak Controllers

You can get all you need out of dprint.
    We have a matrix and output values from a renishaw probe as well as inputting values into variables from an excel spread sheet. We also run cyber scheduler and monitor. Monitor also emails any alarm or machine conditions you select.

Hi,

CIMCO software can be used to monitor Machine Data.
    This supports, DPRNT also & MTConnect also.

We offer a turn-key solution using CIMCO.

Deepak
    [email protected]

I use camlink from Griffo Brothers or Mazlink.

For Matrix controls, the running machine page info is saved on the machine in *.lbd files going back a year.
    C:\RUNMNG\LOG\*.lbd You can export 7 days at a time from the file menu to C:\RUNMNG\CSV\*.csv files and then work with that in Excel

I have mostly decoded the header labels to something meaningful and made a vbs script to convert most of the lbd data to csv files like what the machine outputs. Error codes are only partly decoded.
    I attached a zip with my lbd_to_csv.vbs and 2 library vbs files it uses if anyone wants to play with it or read it to figure out the columns. This is probably horrible code thrown together, but it works. Lots of comments on the .CSV file data.
    But the real work is making nice presentations of the data if someone wants to take a go at that.

Edit: My log files are from a QTN 250MSY There are columns that my machine does not use and other will. Anyone with other machine types that want to share .lbd and .csv files along with info on the machine I'll take a look at it.

Quote Originally Posted by dpuch View Post
    I attached a zip with my lbd_to_csv.vbs and 2 library vbs files it uses if anyone wants to play with it or read it to figure out the columns. This is probably horrible code thrown together, but it works. Lots of comments on the .CSV file data.
    But the real work is making nice presentations of the data if someone wants to take a go at that.

Edit: My log files are from a QTN 250MSY There are columns that my machine does not use and other will. Anyone with other machine types that want to share .lbd and .csv files along with info on the machine I'll take a look at it.
    Hi, I would like to see those files as I´m also trying to make sense of the CSV file. In this case, I´m working with a QTN100-II MS. I don´t see them attached to the post. How can I get them?

ialso have Extract Data from Mazak Controllers problem
    what is mazak smart MTConnect default port number?5000?7878?or other?

Post Re: Extract Data from Mazak Controllers

An update for the vbs script I uploaded a few years ago. I added support for LBA files from older controls, and also larger 1.1MB lbd files from smooth controls.

Enjoy

Hi dpuch, I'm looking to expand on your research, I have enabled the folder to csv output on the machine C:\RUNMG\CSV (or something similar ) - the folder however isn't getting populated with a csv, the lbd file is still updating. Do I need to enable something on the controller to print out the csv file?

Any help would be appreciated

Hi all,

I had tried to covert the .lbd file to CSV and still unable to do so. Can u please advise how to convert that file? Thank you very much.