584,814 active members*
5,393 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Greencut water table/tank liquid thread

I have a lot of experience with this product. I was on the page ...Go GREEN. Spend a lot more and get the best. They claim and told me nothing can grow in the solution. "...you can even drink it." I heard it all from the sales guy over the phone. He also talked a lot about a very large tank in Portland that has been cutting with the original fluid for years and years. I thought my 100gal should be no problem then.

Well, I did have problems. I did have growth. They are easy to get a hold of when you are ordering but when you have an issue it is very very slow. I contacted them as soon as I saw the growth. As I was looking at the growth they told me that it was impossible to have growth, so I sent pics. Then they wanted me to sent fluid samples. Then they said there was zero trace of GreenCut left in my solution! It exhausted?

Maybe if it didn't take them so long after the initial contact maybe the fluid would have still been active? I don't know I am not a chemist. I know it took months and months and months and months to get the results.

After that they said there were traces of Plasma Quench, at that point I was pretty pissed. Now they are accusing me of adding their product to a tank that had Plasma Quench already in it? The only thing this table had in it was water and there product, thats all!

Typical of so many companies these days, deflecting all responsibility and denying everything. This company will take your money and then call you a liar.

Don't buy from GreenCut, there claims on performance are false.

There solution= drain my tank and buy more of there product.

Quote Originally Posted by brouser1 View Post
    Typical of so many companies these days, deflecting all responsibility and denying everything. This company will take your money and then call you a liar.
    The percentage is higher than it used to be. Even with diligent research you can get burned.

There are a few of the "handshake" companies left out there, especially here on the zone.

Here is a super recipe for your table and way cheaper, everything is on ebay.

Thanks to plain ol Bill:

PLASMA QUENCH RECIPE

Here's the recipe for home-made PlasmaQuench

1/4 pound of sodium nitrite powder ($15/pound)

1 teaspoon of Physan 20 ($8/8oz bottle)

1 oz Ultramarine blue food-grade dye ($5/oz.)

Mix well, treats 75 gallons of water.

WSS
    www.metaltechus.com

Thanks for posting the recipe. I have done business with some great companies here on the zone, and will continue to.

This thread is just to let everyone know about my personal experience with this specific company. If I would have read this account by someone else before I sent them all that money to GreenCut, I wouldn't have ordered anything from them. I hope someone else will read this and NOT support them or their products.

The biggest problem I have with this company isn't the product that did NOT work 100% as claimed, it is the way they accused me of contaminating and creating the problem with their product.

Again, this company took my money and then called me a liar. Would you support a company like this?

Quote Originally Posted by WSS View Post
    The percentage is higher than it used to be. Even with diligent research you can get burned.

There are a few of the "handshake" companies left out there, especially here on the zone.

Here is a super recipe for your table and way cheaper, everything is on ebay.

Thanks to plain ol Bill:

PLASMA QUENCH RECIPE

Here's the recipe for home-made PlasmaQuench

1/4 pound of sodium nitrite powder ($15/pound)

1 teaspoon of Physan 20 ($8/8oz bottle)

1 oz Ultramarine blue food-grade dye ($5/oz.)

Mix well, treats 75 gallons of water.

WSS

I totatly understand, cheat me, lie to me, but don't call ME a liar!
    www.metaltechus.com

brouser1

The GreenCut does not grow anything in it, I have used it for more than 2 years & have only just cleaned the tanks out, for the first time, these were milling machines & Lathes that I was using it in

The only problem I have had with it was rusting, if you don't maintain it correctly

You may have diluted it so much that you just had water that was growing what ever it was, but even water would of needed some other contamination to cause the growth in your tank

They are also right in what they are saying, you must of contaminated it with something, to get the growth in your tank
    Mactec54

brouser1

You should look at this PDF before using the Sodium Nitrite
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Mactec54

Thanks for posting the pdf.
    Obviously there was a contamination, we know this because there was growth. And since we all know, "...GreenCut does not grow anything in it" (they must just pound that line into the sales guy, I am sure I heard the same pitch word for word as you did) the problem must be me.

So, lets get past that.

Now imagine Greencut accusing you of contaminating their product with specifically Plasma Quench. But, you never added anything but the GreenCut and water to your table.

How would you take that after you had told them you never added any Plasma Quench? I can tell you they lied about there findings, there was zero PQ in the table. Zero. That means they made that up. Now go back and assume I am the one who contaminated the table, but I didn't do it with PQ. How did they find PQ in the sample I sent them?

I guess I could keep going round and round.

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    brouser1

The GreenCut does not grow anything in it, I have used it for more than 2 years & have only just cleaned the tanks out, for the first time, these were milling machines & Lathes that I was using it in

The only problem I have had with it was rusting, if you don't maintain it correctly

You may have diluted it so much that you just had water that was growing what ever it was, but even water would of needed some other contamination to cause the growth in your tank

They are also right in what they are saying, you must of contaminated it with something, to get the growth in your tank

brouser1

I agree with what you are saying,They should not of been accusing you of using the Plasma Quench, I just don't know how you got the problem that you had with the growth

I used it for over 2 years, & there was never any bacteria growth, I would still be using it if the price was better & were able to control the rust, This problem is the same for most Full Synthetic coolant, I know what I'm using now will have a bacteria problem over time, but that you can control with the right maintenance, I would sooner control a bacteria problem than the rusting

Were you really getting bacteria growth, or was it just the depleted coolant polymer floating around in the tank, It usually sinks to the bottom of the tank & does not float, it should of been a greyish color, if this is what you were getting it was not bacteria growth
    Mactec54

We eat more sodium nitrite than we will ever breath while cutting. The pdf lists the hazard of pure sodium nitrite, the mix used to stop rust is in the PPM. As a rule, do not stand over the cut, vent if you can, be safe. Sodium nitrite does become a carcinogen at high temps, our water temp after a long days cutting is usually in the 120f range, no where near the critical temp needed to make it a carcinogen, BUT, at the cut it may be. Again, secondhand smoke (cigars, cigarettes, etc.) probably has more carcinogens in it.

How about those poor guys working the shipyards in the 40s? Remember the "brass shakes"? Those guys survived right? OK, so most of the nuero pathways were destroyed and they had to be spoon fed for the rest of their life...........

Just remember to use common sense!!

WSS
    www.metaltechus.com

What PH are you getting when you add the sodium nitrite?

Interesting reading I have a new plasma table and got the green cut. I have not started using it yet (few weeks out) I plan on reviewing it and letting people know how it goes for me. We will see, I hope for the best.
    Desert Fabworks LLC -Fort Mohave, Arizona
    www.desertfabworks.com - Project Sites: www.cncplasmabuild.com - www.cncrouterbuild.com

Finally got my table running and started using the Green Cut. It looked so pretty new. I cut for a few days straight and now its a nasty brown color no more green.

So far it seems to be taking care of the rust. Anyone that is using green cut can you tell me if yours turns to this nasty brown as well? I"m sure it cant be avoided.

On another note I was at the FABTECH Show in Las Vegas last week and was asking what people were using in their tables. I found most just used water and dealt with the rust.

I found a few there had what they called Plasma Quench in their tanks. It looked like the Plasma Quench I remember but I though they went out of business or you could not get it anymore. They had thrown out the pails it came in but the reps said they would get me the info on where they got it. Will have to wait and see.
    Desert Fabworks LLC -Fort Mohave, Arizona
    www.desertfabworks.com - Project Sites: www.cncplasmabuild.com - www.cncrouterbuild.com

Quote Originally Posted by rescueweasel View Post
    Finally got my table running and started using the Green Cut. It looked so pretty new. I cut for a few days straight and now its a nasty brown color no more green.

So far it seems to be taking care of the rust. Anyone that is using green cut can you tell me if yours turns to this nasty brown as well? I"m sure it cant be avoided.

On another note I was at the FABTECH Show in Las Vegas last week and was asking what people were using in their tables. I found most just used water and dealt with the rust.

I found a few there had what they called Plasma Quench in their tanks. It looked like the Plasma Quench I remember but I though they went out of business or you could not get it anymore. They had thrown out the pails it came in but the reps said they would get me the info on where they got it. Will have to wait and see.
    This stuff is very bright and hard to cover:

Blue Sewer Water Tracing Dye 16 oz bottle | eBay

plain ol bill was asking about it a couple of months ago and I thought I would give it a try. Works good and is more stable than the food grade coloring found in your greencut and plasmaquench. Do you have the ingredients for the greencut? It is probably a combo of the recipe listed about 10 posts back and #77 used as cutting tool coolant. We use the recipe listed earlier (plasma quench) in our table and it works great. I like blue instead of green, preference really but if I ever need to dump it in the gutter, it will look less suspicious than green LOL. In thruth everything in it is sewer safe and food grade except the plasma smoke, I do not know what that would be considered. I guess if it is no longer suspened in the air it is just metal particles.

WSS
    www.metaltechus.com

Cool Re: Greencut water table/tank liquid thread

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    brouser1

Hey Mac how did you overcome the rusting issue? We love the product but we too are having an issue with rusting ;(. What was your mix ratio? 1qt to 5 gallon water is what we are using.

Re: Greencut water table/tank liquid thread

Quote Originally Posted by dunweizerjim View Post
    Hey Mac how did you overcome the rusting issue? We love the product but we too are having an issue with rusting ;(. What was your mix ratio? 1qt to 5 gallon water is what we are using.

I never did overcome the rusting problem, ran it for 2 years, great to use, but not machine or tooling friendly, I changed to a semisynthetic, much better, no rust now, using full synthetic, I was told by a rep that Castrol is the only one that has overcome the rusting problems that you get with using full synthetic
    Mactec54

Re: Greencut water table/tank liquid thread

I work at a professional cnc plasma/oxyfuel/waterjet machine builder. We build loads of watertables, and we never use or seen customers using additives to the water.
    After a while the water goes "dead", maybe not the right word in English, but that's how we call it in the Netherlands. The water then doesn't really affect the table or plates that much.
    Offcourse you shouldn't cut underwater, lower the water, and then leave the plate a few days wet on the table, then it will always rust.

I don't really know any good reason for using PQ additives.