585,981 active members*
4,156 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 1 of 2 12

Neew Help with shenhui engraver and rd works

Hi - wondered if anyone can help. I have just fitted a new slightly higher watt laser tube to my 350d shenhui laser engraver, but now it does not engrave the image correctly - I use photoshop then import the image into RD works V8 via windows 7 64 bit - which always worked fine before, but now when we send something it just takes the outline of the shape and fills it all in so no details at all. I am so desperate I have done a video (link below) to show you what I want to engrave and what comes out. I have tried this with several designs, texts, and even by just doing text straight onto RD works but it just comes out as a filled in shape that is the overall shape of the design I send - please if any one has some advise or can anyone help to resolve this problem that would be fantastic. video showing problem Photo Acrylic Printing many thanks Esther

Re: Neew Help with shenhui engraver and rd works

Is the colour mode set to cut or scan?

Quote Originally Posted by julianashcroft View Post
    Is the colour mode set to cut or scan?
    its on scan.

Are you doing a raster image, if so it needs to be on scan, if you are engraving or cutting lines then it needs to be set to cut.

thank you for the info - I have tried the cut setting and it still doesn't cut / engrave the image I am asking it to do. Also before the laser tube went wrong it worked fine on the scan mode - so not sure why it is not working now. There is nothing I am doing different apart from having a new laser tube fitted.

Did you save your original settings. If yes try reloading them

I am using the same settings as before - no change apart from new laser tube

Is the image black and white? I don't engrave much, and only B/W when I do, but if it has grayscale then the new tube might not be shutting off for the lighter colors? Maybe check the max/min power settings....they might be different with the new tube (did it come with a new power supply or using old one?). Maybe something in the vendor settings?

I'll poke around if I have time tomorrow and see if any other settings look promising.

thanks for your message - all designs are in black & white and I have changed and tried out all different settings to see if it makes any difference, which unfortunately it doesnt.

The only thing we can think of is we have changed to a windows 7 64 bit - do you think changing it back to 32 bit will make a difference? Just dont want to do it unless we think it will help since we will have to reinstall etc windows

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gfacer View Post
    Is the image black and white? I don't engrave much, and only B/W when I do, but if it has grayscale then the new tube might not be shutting off for the lighter colors? Maybe check the max/min power settings....they might be different with the new tube (did it come with a new power supply or using old one?). Maybe something in the vendor settings?

I'll poke around if I have time tomorrow and see if any other settings look promising.

Well, yes, I think it could make a difference but not at all sure about that. I do seem to remember doing something on my older version that had the result you describe so I'd hold off for a bit (or just try reinstalling rdworks software first too).

How are you loading the artwork into rdworks? Coreldraw macro or what file format?

Re: Need Help with shenhui engraver and rd works

we have tried to reinstall RDworks nornal one and then a newer version, plus I have also tried coral draw now and still nothing changes.

I generally use jpegs, where I import them into RD works, but also due to this problem I also have tried engraving using text that I have created in RDworks to see if this makes a difference but again I get the same filled in shape.

also what seems to happen is in scan mode it is far more powerful than in cut mode - which seems strange.

Basically it seems that the software and computer are not reading the same thing and something is doing wrong along the way

do you think it could be the control panel?

Quote Originally Posted by gfacer View Post
    Well, yes, I think it could make a difference but not at all sure about that. I do seem to remember doing something on my older version that had the result you describe so I'd hold off for a bit (or just try reinstalling rdworks software first too).

How are you loading the artwork into rdworks? Coreldraw macro or what file format?

you said you installed a higher watt laser tube that will have a big effect on the power settings. your old tube may not have been the wattage that they told you.

Re: Need Help with shenhui engraver and rd works

What does the preview look like? If it's also a solid box, then problem is in software. Have you tried other file formats? My only other thought is that a box around the bitmap, also set to scan (but this would show as a separate layer on the side panel) would make a full box, and do so first if it was the first layer to cut.

Looks like you may have every element of your graphic "grouped" in RDCam and have a box around the elements - Try ungrouping and then selecting different elements individually , and/ or delete the bounding box.Might work....
    Bill Carruthers Rarotonga, Cook Islands
    Shenhui G350 300x500 60W Coreldraw 12, Photograv3

Have you confirmed that RDWorks is recognizing the image file correctly?

Hit the "Preview" button (shaped like a computer monitor near the top of the screen). It should show the image in green and black if it is properly set to "Scan". Hitting "Simulation" should show the laser scanning back and forth (or just in 1 direction if set to unidirectional), firing where it is green, and not firing where it is black (see attached image for an example).

If Preview and Simulation display your image correctly, then somehow your power supply or controller is not pulsing the laser on and off correctly. Sorry, I don't know the quick fix for that.

-robertk925

the problem happen when you change the laser tube?
    it is strange, please check the cable which is connected with controller whether it is loose.
    and rebuild the RDWorks, it doesn't work again?

you said you've changed the windows too, for x86 to x64, right? If I remember right, are different drivers... Make sure you installed the good one.

Quote Originally Posted by fixtureman1 View Post
    you said you installed a higher watt laser tube that will have a big effect on the power settings. your old tube may not have been the wattage that they told you.
    thanks for all your messages - i think that was the case with the laser tube being a lower wattage than should have been, due to this do you think if the power supply is not as higher wattage as should be, do you think this could cause the problems? Or do you think it may be something else - really dont want to spend more money for no reason. Some people say about it being the control panel but I have no idea how to check this

Try sending the job directly from the machine. This way you remove the driver issues (if is any)

Quote Originally Posted by iuliusdobre View Post
    Try sending the job directly from the machine. This way you remove the driver issues (if is any)
    we have done this and no difference - so it must be an issue with the machine - but no idea what. some people say controller - which I would have no clue how to check or the power supply - but Im getting half and half saying that a low wattage power supply would and would not effect the engrave like it has

Page 1 of 2 12