585,683 active members*
5,047 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Syntax for Admin Softlimit commands?

I've looked in the most recent lathe manual but can't find a description of the proper use of the ADMIN SET_X_SOFTLIMIT command. When I run it, there is a status error message telling me that a dimension must be specified but no indication of what that dimension refers to. Is it the proximity in inches (or mm) to the limit switch?

Re: Syntax for Admin Softlimit commands?

Admin set_x_softlimit 18.000 is how I had to do my mills soft limits when I adjusted my hard limit switches

Enter ADMIN SET_X_LIMIT 14.45 to set the limit at 14.45". ADMIN SET_X_SOFTLIMIT is not a recognized command on my version of PP. To see a list of recognized commands, type ADMIN. The available commands will be listed in the status window. (my default is is inches;so I don't know if this applies to metric as well. However, if you type the value in inches while working in mm, it will soon be apparent as you move the table.

Thanks all - turns out Tormach has a tech document on the subject (TD10388), which essentially says the same thing that cbyrd did. As Country pointed out, I had the command syntax wrong, which is what usually happens these days when I write from memory.

The Y limit has to be specified as a negative number, that had me going for quite awhile one evening.

I had mine set over the standard limit, worked fine until we got a new update then it all reverts back again, I got tired of messing with it and just leave it on factory default now.
    mike sr