585,715 active members*
4,017 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > UCCNC Control Software > What is the problem with cncdrive.com, the makers of UC300-5LPT USB motion controller
Page 1 of 2 12

What is the problem with cncdrive.com, the makers of UC300-5LPT USB motion controller

I placed an order over a weeks ago, received an automatic mail saying "We will contact you as soon as possible" but after that, the silence is compact. I am waiting for payment instructions, sent them several mail but getting no answer. I asked them a question about the UC100 the day before I ordered the UC300 and that question was answered by Balazs almost immediately, but now he seems to have vanished.

Anybody knows if the company still exists or if they have manufacturing/delivery/communication problems? Or is the problem that I ordered the UC300 and they can't deliver AND don't want to tell me that for some reason? I don't understand their silence unless the company no longer exists. A pure web shop should handle customer communications a bit better than this in my opinion.

Re: What is the problem with cncdrive.com, the makers of UC300-5LPT USB motion contro

Balasz just posted here yesterday, although he rarely posts here normally.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Re: What is the problem with cncdrive.com, the makers of UC300-5LPT USB motion contro

You can purchase through cnc4pc. I'm not sure if they stock or drop ship. Might be worth finding out.

Ben

They were on holiday from the 20th to the 23rd but that shouldn't affect it. I'm in the US so I buy from CNC4PC.

Quote Originally Posted by derek View Post
    They were on holiday from the 20th to the 23rd but that shouldn't affect it. I'm in the US so I buy from CNC4PC.
    I placed my order BEFORE the 20th August and still waiting. I know I could buy from eBay or from USA but there is no way I buy anything made in Europe via USA and pay duty plus super expensive shipping when I can buy it locally much cheaper, so USA is not an option.

Quote Originally Posted by ger21 View Post
    OK, thanks. Too bad he is ignoring my order.

Quote Originally Posted by bhurts View Post
    You can purchase through cnc4pc. I'm not sure if they stock or drop ship. Might be worth finding out.

Ben
    That's not an option for me. It would be far too expensive.

they also have an e-bay store BTW.

Quote Originally Posted by OlfCNC View Post
    they also have an e-bay store BTW.
    Yes, I know, but why pay extra for nothing? I mean, obviously eBay charge them and they charge their customers for that. Since they run a web shop I expect them to sell also from the web shop.

Are you really determined to do business with people who won't communicate *before* the sale?
    My keyboard would smoke with the speed of my cancellation.

Buying from the manufacturer may not always provide the best order filling. As you are well aware at this point. I almost always buy from a stocking vendor for that reason. Vendors vend and manufacturers manufacture.

If you are unhappy at this point you may want to wait until the product matures a bit or go with another motion controller.

Quote Originally Posted by sajurcaju View Post
    Are you really determined to do business with people who won't communicate *before* the sale?
    Well, "determined" is a strong word, but sure it is strange that they are running a web shop, good at auto reply but terrible to handle the order. Like if they are making so much money they really don't care about my order. On the other hand, what is also strange is that I originally asked a few questions about the UC100 and if it was possible to visit them and see it working and I almost immediately received an answer that sorry, we are only a few people here, working with the manufacturing and the web shop, so no visitors. Then a few hours after, I changed my mind and placed an order on the UC300 because I considered it is much better and more useful for me. I am curious about this product and I am planning a trip to Hungary anyway so I thought, why not visit them and pick it up there. OK, I understand that visitors are not welcome, but have problems understanding an automatic message thanking me for the order and saying that "We will contact you as soon as possible." After that I sent several mail inquiring about the order but all I have is automatic messages.

Quote Originally Posted by sajurcaju View Post
    My keyboard would smoke with the speed of my cancellation.
    Well, I haven't paid yet so there is nothing to cancel. It will be interesting if they will ever answer, but my guess is that they will in that case say "I am sorry, we had a computer crash..." which can't really be true if Balazs (the owner) posted a message here just a few days ago. I don't know what is going on there, but it is a strange way of running a business and if I was in a desperate need of this card I wouldn't even have started this discussion, just would have bought another product and not care about this any more.

Like I said, I am curious about this product since it has a very good reputation. I have a previous experience with another USB controller, but that was not working to my satisfaction which is why I'd like to try this card, but I am not in a desperate need, so I can wait.

Buying from the manufacturer may not always provide the best order filling. As you are well aware at this point. I almost always buy from a stocking vendor for that reason. Vendors vend and manufacturers manufacture.
    That is true to a limit. If you are both a manufacturer and run a web shop then it should make no difference. Besides, if they are not able to handle my order, since it is a very small company, I'd worry if I placed an order for the same product somewhere else. They are on the eBay as well, but again, if they are unable to deliver then it might be an even bigger problem there.

If you are unhappy at this point you may want to wait until the product matures a bit or go with another motion controller.
    The product has been around for a while now, so I guess it should be mature enough, but sure, I am not very happy with the communications, so I might have to buy something else if I find something similarly promising.

Can't say I've had an issue, have had a lengthy email conversation with balalsz a little while back and he was very prompt. Wondering if your emails are going straight to his spam folder.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon.N.CNC View Post
    Can't say I've had an issue, have had a lengthy email conversation with balalsz a little while back and he was very prompt. Wondering if your emails are going straight to his spam folder.
    If my mail goes into his spam folder then he needs to check his spam configs... :devious:

Anyway, I had a mail conversation with him about the UC100 and that caused no issues, so I doubt that my mail about the UC300 would end up as spam since I am using the same mail addresses. I don't know what is happening, perhaps he dislikes the fact that I was born in Hungary, though my Hungarian is pretty poor today. I don't know... I started to lose interest for his product, it may be a very good one, but if he is not willing to sell than I have to look elsewhere but since I am not in hurry I don't panic.

Edit: Based on the spam filter idea (thank you), I send him a new mail with an alternative email address which he could use. I am using gmail normally, maybe that is the problem, though, like I said, I have used the same mail address before and that caused no issue.

Quote Originally Posted by ger21 View Post
    OK, thanks. I don't know what name or alias he is using here, but it sure would be nice to get some information and response from him.

Have you checked your spam pile? His replies might be ending there.

IF you need to talk to Balazs he suggest that you email him . Please read the STICKY.

(;-) TP

Quote Originally Posted by vmax549 View Post
    IF you need to talk to Balazs he suggest that you email him . Please read the STICKY.

(;-) TP
    Of course. Did you read the OP? That is the thing. He is not answering my mail and not handling the orders. Maybe I better call him on the phone.

What is wrong with this guy's (cncdrive)? I received today my ebay items (UC100 + USB cable). I paid for a UCCNC license, but nothing received. Email website and ebay seller panel, NADA. They are still in business? Should I start filling the ebay claim procedure?
    Has anybody receive recently something from them regarding license?

GB

Page 1 of 2 12