548,463 active members*
2,591 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Spindles / VFD > 4.5kw Chinese electric fan cooled ATC spindles. Anyone here have one?
Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    Registered
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    910

    4.5kw Chinese electric fan cooled ATC spindles. Anyone here have one?

    A family member wants to buy my next spindle as a gift and these low end ATC spindles are within budget.

    https://www.ebay.com/itm/26531113303...Bk9SR6KBht6pXw

    Does anyone here own one? I can't find many reviews.

    I'm trying to decide if it's worth taking a chance vs getting another Colombo or PDS MTC spindle (or a used Colombo ATC one).

    It turns out that I'm doing more tool changes than I thought so ATC would help on a second machine... but only If I can trust it to work properly...

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    13131

    Re: 4.5kw Chinese electric fan cooled ATC spindles. Anyone here have one?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goemon View Post
    A family member wants to buy my next spindle as a gift and these low end ATC spindles are within budget.

    https://www.ebay.com/itm/26531113303...Bk9SR6KBht6pXw

    Does anyone here own one? I can't find many reviews.

    I'm trying to decide if it's worth taking a chance vs getting another Colombo or PDS MTC spindle (or a used Colombo ATC one).

    It turns out that I'm doing more tool changes than I thought so ATC would help on a second machine... but only If I can trust it to work properly...
    Just remember it is inexpensive, for a spindle like this, the front of the spindle looks quite thin at the nose for a 30 Taper, this is most likely to cut down on inertia, it also seems it has max torque at 12,000 RPM, which may suit you if you cut a lot of aluminum Etc.
    Mactec54

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Jun 2021
    Posts
    23

    Re: 4.5kw Chinese electric fan cooled ATC spindles. Anyone here have one?

    Perhaps contact them as well to discuss expected run out, unless I missed it when reading through the provided Ebay descriptions.

  4. #4
    Registered
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    910

    Re: 4.5kw Chinese electric fan cooled ATC spindles. Anyone here have one?

    Quote Originally Posted by TMToronto View Post
    Perhaps contact them as well to discuss expected run out, unless I missed it when reading through the provided Ebay descriptions.
    Even if they put a number I wouldn't trust it. In my experience, you guys are a far more reliable source... assuming I can find someone here who owns one.

    Even the "reputable brands" can be hit or miss for entry level products.

  5. #5
    Registered
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    910

    Re: 4.5kw Chinese electric fan cooled ATC spindles. Anyone here have one?

    Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    Just remember it is inexpensive, for a spindle like this, the front of the spindle looks quite thin at the nose for a 30 Taper, this is most likely to cut down on inertia, it also seems it has max torque at 12,000 RPM, which may suit you if you cut a lot of aluminum Etc.
    Yeah I've been going around in circles in my head on this. It does look like it has a small shaft given the bearings it uses. This slightly more expensive 30 taper one uses larger bearings:

    https://www.ebay.com/itm/25467203167...3ABFBM_uvJ-6lf

    I'm not sure how much it matters for a 3-4nm spindle though. It's not powerful enough for anything heavy-duty even if the shaft was thicker.

    Even if it looked perfect in the pics it wouldn't give me any confidence.

    The issues I'd be more worried about with a cheap Chinese spindle are noisy low quality bearings, a poorly cut taper and the motor burning out / starting a fire as soon as it's too late to return it...

    I'm OK with it hitting peak power at a lower speed. I can't see any disadvantage. I'd want one that hit peak power at 6000rpm (or lower) if it was an option (at this price point).

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-29-2021, 11:03 PM
  2. Electric Fan Air Cooled Chinese Spindle
    By dakmon in forum Spindles / VFD
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-01-2021, 04:25 PM
  3. Which of these spindles should I get? 2.2kw vs 2.5kw ATC
    By Gojira in forum Chinese Machines
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-23-2019, 06:32 PM
  4. Chinese 1.5kW, water cooled spindle and controller.
    By Pader in forum Drilling- and Milling Machines
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-20-2017, 02:07 PM
  5. chinese spindle strip dowm 1.5Kw air cooled
    By Mick Gannon in forum Uncategorised MetalWorking Machines
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-09-2014, 11:11 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •