585,705 active members*
4,326 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

6m system error

Hi I keep getting a system error 909. It will clear up after 10 minutes or so, but I cannot seem to find the error to know what is acting up. Thank you,

Brian

This is a Bubble Memory Error; this also applies if you have the BMU replaced with a SRAM based memory board. BACK UP everything before you lose it.

I am all backed up. I have the parameters and the pitch compensation. I don't know how to back up the settings. What do I need for memory? Can I upgrade? Thanks

Fanuc 6 Memory replacement

Make sure you have backed up any 800 or 9000 programs. These are usually protected. You may have to turn on the PWE switch to do this. Really make sure you have everything backed up. You can replace the memory with either a 320 Metre 128KB or 1280 Metre 512KB BMU replacement. Call me at Nexas Networks (905)-581-3719 or email me at [email protected]
    To upgrade to 1280 Metres you need to have a software version that accepts that level. All 6 controls can handle 320 Metres.
    BMU errors start at 900 and go up . the higher the number the worse they get.

Graham Young
    Nexas Networks

Re: 6m system error

Hi! I've got a System Error 904 on a Fanuc 6M controller. I replaced battery (Rechargeable Battery) that was damaged on the FANRAM Board (It replaced an old Bubble Memory Board). After that I tried procedure to re-enter parameters (Turn on the "Parameter write" switch on the main PCB, then hold the CAN and the DELETE button (tried "O" and DELETE too) while turning on the CNCs power) but nothing occurred. Same message on screen (System Error 904). Please, any other advise about this error? Thank you all.

P.D.: I have no Maintenance Manual (bought machine without it), so I will appreciate a lot if someone in the forum can provide it.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi! I've got a System Error 904 on a Fanuc 6M controller. I replaced battery (Rechargeable Battery) that was damaged on the FANRAM Board (It replaced an old Bubble Memory Board). After that I tried procedure to re-enter parameters (Turn on the "Parameter write" switch on the main PCB, then hold the CAN and the DELETE button (tried "O" and DELETE too) while turning on the CNCs power) but nothing occurred. Same message on screen (System Error 904). Please, any other advise about this error? Thank you all.

P.D.: I have no Maintenance Manual (bought machine without it), so I will appreciate a lot if someone in the forum can provide it.