584,858 active members*
4,707 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

8050M - error plc 2016

Hello,

i have two Motionmaster SB 510 cnc machines with fagor 8050M.

Now the problem -> in one machine battery expired and plc program from the EEPROM memory is gone, of course, i do not have a backup. I read it's the worst thing that could happen...

I tried to contact the Czech subsidiary of Fagor but without results.

So is there any way to get the plc program from the second cnc? Or can anyone send me plc program?

Thank you for any advice.

Edit: In second machine (working) is plc saved only in EEPROM. Can i create plc program from EEPROM? What happens when i press a button "restore program"? It deletes the program from EEPROM or just move and create new plc program?

Is The Good Machine Hooked to a Computer?

Hi Honya,

The least expensive, but most tedious way is to pull up the plc program, parameter tables, tool tables, etc. on the good machine and take digital pictures of all the lines of code, tables, etc. Then go to the machine that had the dead battery and start typing it all back in again.

The next least expensive (and much less tedious) way is to use a USB-serial converter (you'll have to buy one) hooked to the RS-232 port. Get the good machine connected to a computer.

You will have to double check the pin-out on the RS-232 port and your serial cable, but it should work. The pin-out diagrams are in the Fagor manuals for the controller.

Then Google search for WinDNC 5.1. Download it and install it on the computer. Once you have the communications established with the good machine, you will be able to download everything you need - the plc program, the user programs, tool tables, parameter tables, everything.

Then get the computer hooked up to the machine that had the dead battery and upload all the same stuff. That should get you most of the way - if you want to do it yourself.

If money is no object, you can find lots of technicians that can do the reprogramming - for a fee.

Regards,
    Todd

Quote Originally Posted by HonyaX View Post
    Hello,

i have two Motionmaster SB 510 cnc machines with fagor 8050M.

Now the problem -> in one machine battery expired and plc program from the EEPROM memory is gone, of course, i do not have a backup. I read it's the worst thing that could happen...

I tried to contact the Czech subsidiary of Fagor but without results.

So is there any way to get the plc program from the second cnc? Or can anyone send me plc program?

Thank you for any advice.

Edit: In second machine (working) is plc saved only in EEPROM. Can i create plc program from EEPROM? What happens when i press a button "restore program"? It deletes the program from EEPROM or just move and create new plc program?

First things first, the battery should last around 10 years (actual time will vary based on how much the control is turned off because that is when the battery is used), but always keep a eye on that or back up the control to PC, so many people dont do either one of these and they are so easy to do.

As far as back ups go, within the Fagor community the biggest misconception is that Fagor will have a backup for your machine. They wont and thats because they are not the ones that put in the parameters and programs etc. That is the job of the machine builder. Always either make your own back ups, or contact the machine builder to see if they have something (provided that machine builder is still around...) In this case, motion master is not around anymore... They are a company called Diversified Machine Systems. They could have a back up, but they may want to charge you for it as some machine builders do.

I highly suggest trying to use WinDNC as Todd has mentioned, it is very easy to use and painless (provided you know how to make a rs232 cable to fagor specs)
    Heres how the Fagor units with eeproms work: if you lock the PLC to the eeprom, it is in there until you unlock it. You have to lock it again to store to the eeprom.

Re: 8050M - error plc 2016

merhaba honya x fagor 8055m cnc var plc 2016 hatas? veriyor yanl??l?kla dosylar? sildik bu hata c?kt? kar??m?za yard?mc? olacak kimseyi bulamad?k yard?mc? olurmusunuz rica etsem makina 2 haftad?r yat?yor ayalayamad?k