584,800 active members*
4,760 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Advice on spare parts for Charmilles

Hello all, We are finally getting a new wire EDM for our plant. It is a Cut C 350 from Charmilles. We are replacing a Robofil 310 which replaced a Robofil 290. My boss told me to throw all of the spare parts in the 310 and we will take it to the scrap metal yard. My question is do any of the parts still fit all the way up from the late 90's to the new machine. I called up service at GFMS and posed that question and got an answer of the upper head is mostly the same he thought. Like bearings pulleys and even belts. The lower head is completely different per the tech. I have a lot of spare parts from the 290 and 310 which are interchangeable. When I say a lot these are new in the package bearings, springs, flush cups, guides, contacts ect. From anyone's experience do any of these parts stretch from the 290-310 to the new machines? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks , MIchael

Re: Advice on spare parts for Charmilles

Michael,

Don't throw anything away. Charmilles uses the same parts over and over. You are correct about the lower head. Very different. Contacts, pre-guides (sapphires), wire guides, many of the upper head components, bearings, belts, thread jets, and lots of other things have a good chance of working. New in box parts can sell on E-bay. If you haven't gotten rid of the machine yet, there are items I would be interested in buying. PM me if you like. Dale

Quote Originally Posted by kip0569 View Post
    Michael,

Don't throw anything away. Charmilles uses the same parts over and over. You are correct about the lower head. Very different. Contacts, pre-guides (sapphires), wire guides, many of the upper head components, bearings, belts, thread jets, and lots of other things have a good chance of working. New in box parts can sell on E-bay. If you haven't gotten rid of the machine yet, there are items I would be interested in buying. PM me if you like. Dale

Sent a PM.