585,931 active members*
5,335 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > DIY CNC Router Table Machines > any one live in the brevard florida area? need help with Mach4 to start!

any one live in the brevard florida area? need help with Mach4 to start!

easy 3 axis machine im building and trying to set up mach4 software/settings and a DB25-1205 break out board with a PMDX-411 usb adapter. i've had techsupport log into my computer and set everything up on the mach4 side of the software but i get zero movement. double checked all the wiring and looks perfect. i'm not a software guru so willing to pay some one to come over and take a look to help me get this sucker up and running. any help would be great!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_4199.jpg   IMG_4198.jpg   IMG_4130.jpg  

Re: any one live in the brevard florida area? need help with Mach4 to start!

I don't know the first thing about Mach4 and I don't live anywhere near Florida.I have however built a machine that uses a similar BOB and it had one of a similar type of black controller box per axis.I am attempting to attach a witring schematic for a similar system to illustrate the point.The part numbers may be different,but I would expect the principles to hold.

thank you and that looks similar to the one i have already. ive double checked the wiring and all looks inline fine. just sounds like setting within mach4 which is confusing for me.
    Attached Files Attached Files

So where are the other two controller boxes sited?I suspect you have the 4 (or more) cables from the steppers connected in such a way that the drive circuit is incomplete.

this look correct? not trying to make a complicated machine. just to cut EVA foam.

That looks like a controller with ample gaps around each component.The areas I would focus on are the pins on the plug connecting to the BOB to be sure the correct voltage,which I would expect to be 5V, is arriving at the correct place and then the steppers to make sure that each pair of connections are receiving the voltage that the controls are set for.