531,690 active members*
3,582 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
    Registered

BACKSAVER SHELF

Here are some pictures of a simple shelf to reduce your back strain. The shelf is made of 3/4 " MDO supported by those ubiquitous shelf brackets from Home Depot. The table is placed at its furthest cross position and its furthest tailstock position. The shelf is mounted so that it is flush with the top of the mill table and even with the side. You can now keep those heavy items like CNC toolpost, CNC rotary table and milling vise on this shelf. When you want to use one, just run the table down to the the shelf and slide your tool on with no lifting. This one is mounted to the wall, but if your machine is in the open, you could build a support that bolts to the bench.

Attachment 370480 Attachment 370482

Attachment 370484 Attachment 370486

Re: BACKSAVER SHELF

Good sharing! Thank you JTJT!

Re: BACKSAVER SHELF

Thanks! It will always be interesting and relevant. Personally, I love different shelves, as they are always used. Since I am a collector of various books, I often need Bibliotheksregale, as well as anyone who has a very large collection of books. Sometimes I think that all the shelves in the world are not enough to fit all the books of my dreams and those that are already available. What a pity that we can not have time to collect everything we want and read for the period of time that fate assigns to us. Your publication was very useful to me