556,800 active members*
2,376 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking > Bending, Forging, Extrusion... > Bending - Punching and Sweging 3/4" EMT Conduit
    Registered

Bending - Punching and Sweging 3/4" EMT Conduit

First I would like to bend some Electrical 3/4" EMT conduit to a 3" radius. I can do a 6" radius with a Greenlee 555 you can see it here : http://www.toolup.com/greenlee/555.html but it does 6" and I would like 3" radius. Then next thing that I want to do is to Swege the end so one pipe will connect to the next pipe. I can find Sweging machines that do 1" Diameter but the 3/4" EMT has a outside dia of about 15/16" I can either expand the pipe or swege it like this machine does http://www.ercolina-usa.com/erapress.htm the last thing I need to do is to punch a hole in the conduit that would be about 5/16" diameter and I need to thru both sides. Any recommendations on these three tools would be of great help. I am looking for equip that I will need to be doing about 100 - 200 of these at a time so I am looking for some way of doing them quick but also not spend a fortune on equipment. Most of what I have found is designed for 2" to 3" pipe and very expensive. I would like to get all three for less than $10K

Thanks

Re: Bending - Punching and Sweging 3/4" EMT Conduit

I just saw your work and its really look amazing. You have done alot of hard work on this and I really appreciate your hard work. It's not easy task to bend a EMT conduit. I remember when I tried to bend a black emt conduit to make a shoe rank, It took me 4 days to complete it.