584,805 active members*
4,956 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Milltronics > Centurion IV Ramill VI DNC Help

Centurion IV Ramill VI DNC Help

Hi I’ve recently bought a autolink box to DNC drip feed to my Ramill 6 knee mill with a centurion 4 controller and I am having a buffer overload issue. For some reason the autolink is not sending an Xoff signal to the pc so the pc will continue to send the program and starts deleting parts of the program after reaching 60,000kb. I’m hoping someone on here may have some experience with these autolink units any information would be much appreciated. The autolink did not come with any cables but it did come with a manual so I used that to make the two necessary cables and the power cable. I am connected to the pc with a standard null modem db25 to db9 cable I’ve tried turning off the fifo buffer on my pc and even adding 100-1000 ms delay but nothing seems to work if I slow it down to much the machine lags waiting for code from the pc to fast it deletes it.

Re: Centurion IV Ramill VI DNC Help

The RS-23 in the C4 control is OLD, OLD school. I will assume that you are running a Win 7 / Win 10 PC. Not sure what DNC software you are running. but there is a setting for "FIFO" buffers, ( First In First Out" Turn this off. and try it.
    Sportybob

Thanks for the reply Sportybob I tried it with no success I’m not sure why the autolink is not sending an Xoff comand to the pc. I’m running a windows xp pc with Cimco dnc Max 8 I made the cables exactly to the pinout specs in the autolink manual. I can communicate both ways fine it just won’t send an Xoff signal and overflows the buffer if the program is larger than 64,000 bytes. The machine is in excellent condition it just has a tiny memory even with the autolink if I could just get it to work properly this would be a great mill.

Not sure if you have a Autolink manual. I found this Manual from fellow cnczoner
    https://www.cnczone.com/forums/millt...538-forum.html

I see on page 8 about moving the Cable and setting Parameter 86 to xx.x4x3 to run DNC Mode
    Attached Files Attached Files

Finally got it working I ended up connecting the communication cable straight to the pc from the autolink instead of the lower D-plug and now everything is working fine.