584,874 active members*
5,244 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Chinese Laser firing two beams from one tube

my k40 laser has a two half circle shaped beams coming directly out of the tube. I've been reading up on alignment procedures (got it successfully done) but am concerned because they say that while aligning, you should have one beam at each mirror that hits the exact same spot no matter where the carriage is in the x-y plane. it's aligned, but there's a problem.

I placed paper in front of the mirrors during alignment, but every mirror, at every location, has two holes in the paper. Is there something wrong with the laser?

Re: Chinese Laser firing two beams from one tube

Could be. Or could be a scratch in one of the mirrors. If it is like that from the tube to mirror 1 (ie before it hits any mirror) then it is likely a tube issue. Don't know if that would be under warranty but it might be. I had similar one but the second was a lot less and only gave me grief occasionally.
    In case anyone is wondering, I'm the twin of the other gfacer on cnczone...

Coupler on the tube is clean and I don't see any scratches or cracks on the tube.

It seems like the laser is running in "TEM01" mode. This thread seems like someone has run into a similar issue: http://www.cnczone.com/forums/genera...eam-power.html

but there was no conclusion or solution.

This is not any TEM mode. This is a failure.
    You just need new laser. Or tube as you call it.
    CNC lasers, constructions, service

Quote Originally Posted by daveoka View Post
    my k40 laser has a two half circle shaped beams coming directly out of the tube. I've been reading up on alignment procedures (got it successfully done) but am concerned because they say that while aligning, you should have one beam at each mirror that hits the exact same spot no matter where the carriage is in the x-y plane. it's aligned, but there's a problem.

I placed paper in front of the mirrors during alignment, but every mirror, at every location, has two holes in the paper. Is there something wrong with the laser?

Hi. I am having the exact same problem.

Were you able to fix it?

I am getting the double beam directly on laser tube (before any mirror, so its not mirrors or lens problem)

Anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails thumbnail_A895B608-B005-4C1F-A777-560D9E702BE7 (3).jpg  

It sounds like, in fact, your mirrors are not aligned. How are you checking that the beam is hitting the centre of the mirrors?

Also, laser alignment is an interactive process using smaller and smaller adjustments as you integrate. Start by lining up the with the beam path to the lens as short as possible, then do the same when the lens is moved to the position of the longest beam path.

To check the position of the beam, the old school way of checking the beam is to fire a shot at a piece of black photographic paper. But a tile or piece of acrylic should do the trick. Have patience and it should be done in under an hour.

Thank you for the reply. But like I said, the double beam appears on laser exit. Before first mirror, so its not mirror alignment.

Quote Originally Posted by davidgreams View Post
    It sounds like, in fact, your mirrors are not aligned. How are you checking that the beam is hitting the centre of the mirrors?

Also, laser alignment is an interactive process using smaller and smaller adjustments as you integrate. Start by lining up the with the beam path to the lens as short as possible, then do the same when the lens is moved to the position of the longest beam path.

To check the position of the beam, the old school way of checking the beam is to fire a shot at a piece of black photographic paper. But a tile or piece of acrylic should do the trick. Have patience and it should be done in under an hour.
    Hello,
    I totally agree with you.
    Where are you from?I am a manufacture of laser cutting,marking machines from China.Look forward to being friend with you and we can talk more laser technology in future.
    Add me whatsapp if you like:
    whatsapp:18600395826
    email:[email protected]