556,751 active members*
6 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
    Registered

Circle Adjusted Beyond Maximum Adjustment

Hello Community. I’ve been fighting a 2000’ish Fryer Mini mill for a few years now. I use creo (formerly pro engineer) to tailor the g-code for the machine. When the g-code is running on certain G2 moves (Circular Interpolation – CW) the CNC (Anilam 5000M kernel) will throw the above-mentioned message - Circle Adjusted Beyond Maximum Adjustment. The typical block looks like this: N180 G2 X-3.593 Y7.674 I-22.283 J7.763 – please note the coordinates are in mm units. The machine keeps running the g-code until the error message container is full and the machine will just halt/stop/not move.
    In the anilam setup utility -> General Software – Control Software there is a “Circle Adjustment” option which has two choices. I’ve tried “end point” and “center” but the program will halt the same way.
    The current setup options are:
    5. Circle Adjustment … End-Point
    6. Circle Centers …Incremental
    7. Maximum Arc Correction … 0.254000
    16. Enable radius compensation error checking … No
    Is someone can recommend a creo translator/g-code converter for the anilam 5000M I’d appreciate it.
    If you have any other recommendations on how to take care of this circle adjustment issue please let me know.

Registered

Re: Circle Adjusted Beyond Maximum Adjustment

If the situation only occurs on a G2 move,is there a parameter within the Creo options that might be altered?I raise the point because if a G3 move would run and a G2 causes problems then it might be worth a close examination of the parameters applied to both to see if there is a difference.I haven't worked with Creo but did have a little familiarity with the design side in the days when it first became Wildfire.Things I might check would be number of decimal places for each and whether there might be a chordal deviation tolerance that differs for G2 and G3.The error message regarding "Circle Adjusted Beyond Maximum Adjustment" would point me to this line of investigation.Could there be a setting in the post processor somewhere?Good luck with solving the problem.

Re: Circle Adjusted Beyond Maximum Adjustment