504,413 active members
5,069 visitors online
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Dmm Technology > DMM 1.8kw Servo Phase Lost
    Registered

Unhappy DMM 1.8kw Servo Phase Lost

Hi,

Looking for some guidance, and input i guess. I have a 1.8kw servo motor and matched drive from DMM, For those of you that have the same setup, ive seen a few mention they have this drive running at 2:1 to achieve 6000rpm, have you had any phase fault issues?

I cannot get past 2600rpm in the DMM software. It just goes to phase fault, while machining any minor load on the motor and it also shuts off. These were cuts my treadmill motor was making with ease at 4300 rpm.

This is running on a G0704 mill with a 1.7:1 ratio. I guess this is somewhat irrelevant due the motor not being able to reach max rpm even during bench testing.

I have been in contact with DMM and in turn they are in contact with their development team.

But id thought id ask here as im sure there are quiet a few people with these motors/drive setup on here that i could compare notes with.

Cheers Daniel

Registered

Re: DMM 1.8kw Servo Phase Lost

I guess i should also mention im using 240v single phase to power the drive. It is all wired up following what is in the manual.

Regards Daniel

Quote Originally Posted by Danno11 View Post
    Hi,

Looking for some guidance, and input i guess. I have a 1.8kw servo motor and matched drive from DMM, For those of you that have the same setup, ive seen a few mention they have this drive running at 2:1 to achieve 6000rpm, have you had any phase fault issues?

I cannot get past 2600rpm in the DMM software. It just goes to phase fault, while machining any minor load on the motor and it also shuts off. These were cuts my treadmill motor was making with ease at 4300 rpm.

This is running on a G0704 mill with a 1.7:1 ratio. I guess this is somewhat irrelevant due the motor not being able to reach max rpm even during bench testing.

I have been in contact with DMM and in turn they are in contact with their development team.

But id thought id ask here as im sure there are quiet a few people with these motors/drive setup on here that i could compare notes with.

Cheers Daniel
    Speed is usually related to the power supply the 1.8Kw motor only has a 1500RPM with a max up to 3000RPM I would check with DMM as to what your problem could be
    Mactec54

I had one like that. They said that the encoder was likely out of alignment and replaced the motor. Once I got it working from the software these are the setting I ended up with. I'm running 1.8:1 gearing and I get 5350 rpm from it.

Attachment 422822

When I asked them about setting for use as a spindle motor this is what they said.

For use as spindle motor, set Integration Gain to "1" and keep it at "1". Then increase Main Gain and Speed Gain until the motion is rigid and suitable. Keep Main Gain and Speed Gain at the same value.

Make sure to install a regenerative resistor on the drive to help absorb deceleration energy from the motor. Also install a transformer or AC line reactor on the AC power input to smooth and filter the power coming into the drive.

They were very helpful and responsive to email. Usually replied by next day.

John

Registered
    I still haven't got this sorted, DMM arnt being very helpful or responsive. I live in Australia so if I do have motor issues I hope they honor their warranty. Atleast two
    Weeks ago I was told that my issues would be escalated to the dev team, but they were away at a conference for a few days. I've heard nothing since, even after sending a follow up email. Tbh I'm not really impressed with their service after I said I am having issues.