584,879 active members*
5,142 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

DSP help please!!

Hi,
    I have a chinese cnc router that worked fine until now. I bought it second hand and the Windows XP pc that came with it has packed in. I didnt get any installation disks with the machine.
    I am getting a good windows 7 pc for sensible money and i want to run my router from that. I have a new copy of Ucancam v9 on the way to install. Not being too savvy with this kind of thing i have a few questions that someone with a bit more cop-on than me might be able to help. Can my DSP (with zhbusb software) be plugged into the windows 7 machine and install drivers and use it that way? if not do i need a new DSP that is compatible with windows 7?

Re: DSP help please!!

Hi,
    DSP Handle can receive the G-code by a U disk . After you finished the programming with Ucancam V9 (can be run with WIN7 ), export this file to U disk and copy it to DSP .Then start working this file .

Regards,
    Ms.Mary

hi, thanks for the reply.
    The software that the DSP uses is called ZHBUSB. if I plug the u disk into the DSP it will not require the ZHBUSB program?

Can you send a picture of your DSP. You maybe getting confused with the DSP software. The DSP should be a stand alone device for running the CNC and the software for the DSP is for upgrading the DSP firmware and changing setting by using a computer rather than with a usb.

As stated before, use the Ucam to generate your jobs and save as .tap file (for example) then save to a USB and plug the USB in to the DSP, then run job from DSP.

Hope this make sense....it will depend on the type of DSP you are using.

Regards, Gecko

I'm looking for usb driver win10 for ZHBUSBController for RZNC-D5416/32M.
    Please tell me if exist something like this or I have to work further with win xp driver!

sorry to interrupt.
    First of all, what's wrong with Windows XP? The best ever Microsoft Operating system after Windows'95 in my opinion.
    Next, you can run Windows XP on virtual ( VMWare Player, for instance )
    "Old" PC running Windows XP is cheap. Possible to get for free.
    Windows XP is most comfortable and compatible for remote control . . .