585,728 active members*
4,121 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > error 449 x axis inv. ipm alarm: Fanuc servo amp module reading code 8.

error 449 x axis inv. ipm alarm: Fanuc servo amp module reading code 8.

Good morning everybody! I ran into a problem at work. Our Hardinge VMC 1000-II has been giving us problems. As described in the title, we are getting error 449 x axis inv. ipm alarm. When this happened, I went to the back and looked at the servo amp module and it indicated "8.". We just replaced the wires that run from the servo motor to the amp, and I have checked them and found nothing unusual. We have a service tech guy we use, but I'm trying to diagnose as much as I can myself to save some money and time. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to diagnose and check for?

Here are some symptoms: When the alarm trips, it seems like a power surge is sent through the shop. The lights flicker, and the computer that's connected to the machine makes that sound when you plug in or unplug a usb drive. Another possible culprit could be the phase converter that we use. We don't have 3 phase power coming to the shop, so we use a phase converter. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks guys!

-Rey

Re: error 449 x axis inv. ipm alarm: Fanuc servo amp module reading code 8.

AL-08 : HIGH VOLT IN-PUT POWER

Quote Originally Posted by underthetire View Post
    AL-08 : HIGH VOLT IN-PUT POWER
    I figured it out! The connector that threads on to the servo motor was melted. We found coolant in there, and suspect that it was causing it to short. So we ordered a new connector. We'll see if it works tomorrow!

before you change the connector to the motor, take out the wires under the driver that goes to the motor and check the voltage that comes out from the driver.
    it is possible that even you take out the wires from driver the AL 08 still remains and that show a driver problem from IGBT.