584,829 active members*
4,991 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Fadal USB

Fadal USB

Does anybody have an experience with FADAL USB Storage made and/or sold by ITS CNC -
    https://itscnc.com/catalog/product/v...s/category/78/.

I'd like to add the storage but also keep the connectivity between PC and Fadal. Otherwise I'd probably go for ShopLink FLASH 2.0.
    The Calmotion doesn't sell the USB alone anymore, only Ethernet+USB which is now $100 more then USB standalone they used to have before.
    I don't mind the RS232 connection - I have a small shop and all is wired, I just want to add storage and keep connection between PC and CNC.

Re: Fadal USB

...break out another hundred. If, my machine was boat it would be breakout aanother thousand--- your choices make senses theses days or somekind of FTP server in house setup. Linux? or Winblows?

I have had good results with my Calmotion USB.

Quote Originally Posted by pavel569 View Post
    Does anybody have an experience with FADAL USB Storage made and/or sold by ITS CNC -
    https://itscnc.com/catalog/product/v...s/category/78/.

I'd like to add the storage but also keep the connectivity between PC and Fadal. Otherwise I'd probably go for ShopLink FLASH 2.0.
    The Calmotion doesn't sell the USB alone anymore, only Ethernet+USB which is now $100 more then USB standalone they used to have before.
    I don't mind the RS232 connection - I have a small shop and all is wired, I just want to add storage and keep connection between PC and CNC.
    I bought a vmc 15 and the LAN-USB Ethernet came with the unit. I did not want to run a Ethernet wire as a hard wire from my computer to the pendant. I called Calmotion and asked them for there wireless adapter but they did not sell or make the one they used to sell. They told me to just buy a wireless adapter. I did just that and now I will be able to send my CAD/CAM files straight to the calmotion board as it has 4gig San disk card on it. No wires is what I was looking to do and got it done. I still need to setup the comm side but that only takes a few minutes in the software.

I can't speak for that particular component but I have always received excellent service from ITS.

I've bought the USB Storage from ITS and cannot say anything but good. It works as advertised, customer support is great, installation was simple. So... so far I'm a happy camper.
    I also designed a 3D printed mount for the USB stick so it doesn't extend from side of the enclosure and sits under it.

Attachment 477048 Attachment 477050 Attachment 477052