585,557 active members*
3,336 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Fanuc 15-M OT007+OT008 Overtravel (HARD)

Fanuc 15-M OT007+OT008 Overtravel (HARD)

Hello!

I have a niigata hn50b horizontal machining center with Fanuc 15-M controls. I've read through every post i could find on the subject and tried every solution suggested with no luck, so please if you have any ideas i'd love to hear them.

The other day when loading a program through the rs-232 the machine completely shut down. On reboot i got a "Ram parity (BASE0)" error. After re-entering all parameters etc that error message was replaced with "Overtravel (Hard)" on all axes + and -, see pictures attached. I have checked every fuse (i believe, if there are some hard to find ones let me know!) and i have power to the OT switches based on the fact that they apply emergency stop when manually pushed. I can not move the machine axes at all, regardless of mode, but the hydraulics will start.

I have moved all the axes off the switches by hand and checked in the control that these switches are not activated. So what could cause me to still recieve this error message? Any specific parameters that i should double check?
    Could the BASE0 board need replacing even though the error regarding it no longer shows? If so, how to i check if it's fried?

Thank you and Merry Christmas to all!

Re: Fanuc 15-M OT007+OT008 Overtravel (HARD)

Did you re-enter the PMC parameters? They are completely separate from the NC parameters. Is your ladder running?

Seems i have not. I don't have any backup of these PMC parameters, is there any way to figure out what should be entered? Can't find anything in my hardcopy manual, might just be because i don't know what to look for though.
    Ladder is showing but doesn't look quite right, probably because of missing PMC parameters then.

Machine is a Niigata HN 50B #25530

There are 5 types: timers, data tables, counters, keep relays and positioning data. These are often included with have a printed ladder. Positioning data only when there is a positioning module (rare).
    I have some backups of Niigata mills that I worked on ~20 years ago, bu I don't know the exact machine model. Send me an email [email protected] and I reply with the pmc parameter that I have.

I do have a printed ladder in the hardcopy but no PMC Parameters unfortunately.
    I've sent you an email, thank you!