584,841 active members*
4,437 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Fanuc 18i-TB Memory Card Only Inputs, Not Outputs

Fanuc 18i-TB Memory Card Only Inputs, Not Outputs

We have a 2005 Daewoo Puma 2000LSY with Fanuc 18i-TB control. We are attempting to transfer files between the CNC and PC via 64MB compact flash card + adapter.

We have been able to transfer files from the PC to the memory card and then from the memory card to the CNC, but when we try to output programs from the CNC to the memory card, it gives alarm "086 - DR SIGNAL OFF".

I believe this is because it is still attempting to output to the serial instead of the memory card, but we have not been able to fix this. Under "Setting [HANDY]" we are set to I/O Channel 4 for the memory card.

Any help would be appreciated, thank you.

Re: Fanuc 18i-TB Memory Card Only Inputs, Not Outputs

Sounds like parameters. 110.0 enables independent setting for input/output and could explain why you can input but not output to the card slot. You can either change that to use common setting for I/O or configure the appropriate parameters for separate I/O.

Re: Fanuc 18i-TB Memory Card Only Inputs, Not Outputs

Quote Originally Posted by oetkbyentc View Post
    Sounds like parameters. 110.0 enables independent setting for input/output and could explain why you can input but not output to the card slot. You can either change that to use common setting for I/O or configure the appropriate parameters for separate I/O.
    Changed 110.0 from 1 to 0 and it now works without an issue! Thank you so much, you deserve a raise