585,568 active members*
3,302 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Fanuc 6T Not Ready

Hi All,
    First time poster. I used to do a lot of work in the CNC industry, in an automotive plant, but I've since moved onto doing more automation and controls. A mutual friend asked me to look at his old Takasawa lathe. Originally I was asked to look at the machine because it wouldn't power up. I did some troubleshooting, checking over the machine for shorts, bad fuses, etc., and determined it was the DC power supply in the operator cabinet. This was repaired and reinstalled earlier today. After installing it, the NC powered up okay but the screen showed "NOT READY." I had a look and noted the following:
    • 240VAC is present and there are no blown fuses in the system
    • Hydraulics come on, as does lubrication pump
    • All axes are off their overtravel switches
    • No alarms are present on the machine
    • CVOH relay wasn't turning on initially; it has been swapped with a relay from the chuck open as it isn't being used
    • Emergency stop on main control panel is functional (i.e., 38.4 is ON when E-stop isn't depressed and turns off when the E-stop is pressed)
    • The main DC drive contactor appears to be getting control power (on this machine, wire 425). The conditions to make this turn on are drive fault contacts are okay (closed), the spindle motor is not faulted (CR167) and the DC motor cooling fan is turning on (FM88). Despite these all being correct, the contactor isn't being energized; I do have 110VAC present between wires 425 and 36 (neutral). If I force the contactor on by pressing the override, the drive will still not power up but I can confirm I get 240VAC phase-to-phase at the drive
    • I have only 6VDC in the operation panel where the block delete, operation selector switch, cycle start/stop, etc. is located.
    • I checked over the connections I made when the power supply was installed today, not finding anything of concern
    • Diagnostics parameters are attached. You'll notice that diagnostics parameter 701.5 is on. I don't know what this one is but I think it may have to do with the issue I'm having

Any advice you can give would be a big help. I'm kind of at my wits end with what could be causing a not ready condition. Thanks for your help!

Re: Fanuc 6T Not Ready

hi- first off, I'd swap that monitor before doing anything.seriously. ..i dunno, but the xray warnings worry me- when the flyback starts failing the high voltage is crazy high causing the bright screen - I saw a flyback lead glow like a neon bulb before- fire risks aside, the x ray emissions worry me more
    does the machine have a PC model B board, or chips in the 241/242 rom card sockets(pc model-a)? if so look at the estop logic- its been so long since even seeing a 6 that i cant recall if 38.4 is the input or the output- but you do need both- the input is interrupt assigned, and the output could have other inputs in the pc program interrupting it. make sure the 100 volts is present on drive terminals 3 and 4(assuming these are yellow cap/6047-dc or redcap/6050-ac...if black cap/6045DC, No idea anymore where the 100 came in, think it was 3-4 but cant recall...) else P-ready cant pull in the contactors to give the V-ready... some machines interrupt the 100 volt as a redundant estop button contact, or even door interlock/overloads, etc...
    the fuji red estop buttons tend to no longer 'make' when released after sitting 'made' 99.9999 percent of the last 30 years... most have the 24v estp AND a 100v drive contactor circuit on a second set of contacts- ohm check with power off, tripping/resetting the button- if it ever fails to close under half a ohm or so, unsnap it, remove the terminal screws, take a small screwdriver and pry gently/slide the contacts out while depressing the plunger- easier to do than type...scrape the black film off the silver pads, do same on spring contact- watch the spring dont fly- and its good for a few more decades

please read those x-ray warnings on the back of that CRT... really not safe standing in front of it, turn it off and get one off ebay from about any old control- its actually VGA if you are in a pinch and feel like making a cable... but old cnc/robot monitors can be had for 20 bucks on ebay, *think* on a six, any monochrome 9" fanuc except a -093 high res will work,pretty sure weve used -072, -086, -092 on our old 0-As... may have to tweak the pots but they should all sync up...

093 is different, although monochrome, its got rgb inputs...if my crappy memory is not totally failing me, we've only used them on 10A-11A-0Cs

Quote Originally Posted by HulkDaddy View Post
    Hi All,
    First time poster. I used to do a lot of work in the CNC industry, in an automotive plant, but I've since moved onto doing more automation and controls. A mutual friend asked me to look at his old Takasawa lathe. Originally I was asked to look at the machine because it wouldn't power up. I did some troubleshooting, checking over the machine for shorts, bad fuses, etc., and determined it was the DC power supply in the operator cabinet. This was repaired and reinstalled earlier today. After installing it, the NC powered up okay but the screen showed "NOT READY." I had a look and noted the following:
    • 240VAC is present and there are no blown fuses in the system
    • Hydraulics come on, as does lubrication pump
    • All axes are off their overtravel switches
    • No alarms are present on the machine
    • CVOH relay wasn't turning on initially; it has been swapped with a relay from the chuck open as it isn't being used
    • Emergency stop on main control panel is functional (i.e., 38.4 is ON when E-stop isn't depressed and turns off when the E-stop is pressed)
    • The main DC drive contactor appears to be getting control power (on this machine, wire 425). The conditions to make this turn on are drive fault contacts are okay (closed), the spindle motor is not faulted (CR167) and the DC motor cooling fan is turning on (FM88). Despite these all being correct, the contactor isn't being energized; I do have 110VAC present between wires 425 and 36 (neutral). If I force the contactor on by pressing the override, the drive will still not power up but I can confirm I get 240VAC phase-to-phase at the drive
    • I have only 6VDC in the operation panel where the block delete, operation selector switch, cycle start/stop, etc. is located.
    • I checked over the connections I made when the power supply was installed today, not finding anything of concern
    • Diagnostics parameters are attached. You'll notice that diagnostics parameter 701.5 is on. I don't know what this one is but I think it may have to do with the issue I'm having

Any advice you can give would be a big help. I'm kind of at my wits end with what could be causing a not ready condition. Thanks for your help!

Hello sir i need your selp please contact me