585,575 active members*
4,096 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Exclamation Fanuc Beta driver alarm L

Hi guys my new replaced beta amp (which was from an old machine) stating alarm L every 3-4 hours and the machine is shut down since no power on drivers. The problem is that when the machine was shut down while it is running, it caused z axis to drop down about 1-2 mm, which made a spot on my finish surface; And this is horrible not talking about how it would affect the electronic components.

Do you know why does this happen. Is it because of the beta driver is faulty or it is because of the i/o module is faulty, or even the JD1A-JD1B connection wire is faulty ??

Re: Fanuc Beta driver alarm L

L indicates an I/O link issue.

It could be caused by several things.
    When the alarm occurs will it restart immediately or does it take several restart attempts?
    Check the link LED on all components in the chain. The 1st unit in the chain that does not have the Link LED on could be at fault.
    Once it is determined which unit may be the issue check all connections to that unit are secure (24vdc supply, Link cables).
    Check the 24vdc and make sure it is not low. If you have one apply a voltage meter with record feature and watch the 24vdc.
    Possibly separate the link cable from other wires to determine if noise is an issue.

The last item and least likely could be the beta motor encoder. If the 5 volts is getting shorted in the encoder/cable it can shut down the drive causing a link alarm. So you may want to look at that cable and ensure it is not damaged or contaminated.

the beta drives has the parameters inside it,not on the cnc so when replacing a beta drive you must upload the parameters related to the motor to the drive.
    Taking another drive from another machine will not be with the exactly the same parameters.
    if you do not have the original parameters from the old drive that is dead i supposed,you have to put the standard parameters for that motor you have connected to it

Quote Originally Posted by zavateandu View Post
    the beta drives has the parameters inside it,not on the cnc so when replacing a beta drive you must upload the parameters related to the motor to the drive.
    Taking another drive from another machine will not be with the exactly the same parameters.
    if you do not have the original parameters from the old drive that is dead i supposed,you have to put the standard parameters for that motor you have connected to it
    Hi thank for your help zavateandu,
    I have already load the parameter from the old amp, and things was good until now except the L error sometimes show up !. But I don't understand why does the alarm has somethings to do with parameters

Like the other guy said ,the roblem is on the I/O LINK line.A servo amplifier unit connected to the line was turned off.You need to check what other components connected to it has turned off.