584,837 active members*
5,570 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Plasma, EDM / Waterjet Machines > EDM Discussion General Topics > Fanuc Robocut alpha A01B edm power doesn't start.

Fanuc Robocut alpha A01B edm power doesn't start.

Hello!
    I was happy operator of my "new" robocut till today. I need to cut 10 simple pieces, after third one machine finished normally, but when I tried to start cutting another one it just didn't go. When I was starting program feed hold was turning on. So i double checked why this can happen and It occured that EDM POWER just did not start. No alarm occured or anything like that, just generator doesn't start. My first thought is the relay but i just don't know which one is responsible for turning the generator on.
    I would be gratefull for any help or ideas.

Re: Fanuc Robocut alpha A01B edm power doesn't start.

I was digging a little, and looks like PMC ladder works ok. While EDM POWER button pressed looks lika this:

but after button release the line becomes green again.
    now the question is: How to find output signal described as WONS. on the output board?
    Is there any available diagram of FANUC PMC bards or at least IO board A16B-1100-0450/01A?

Re: Fanuc Robocut alpha A01B edm power doesn't start.

I must admit i'm an idiot. Unfortunatelly Fanuc service and also some other electronic spec's wasn't helpfull in setting my mind clear. I teared down almost total controll cabinet but the probblem wasn't there at all. The machine has 2 (TWO) switches that secures operator from electric shock when machine cuts. One is on the wire spool cabinet door and other one is on the firefeed roller cover. It seems that there is some amperage on that switches cause contacts in the switches are very oxidated, and one of them after switching on had a resistance of ~0,5kOhm. It's a simple mechanical switch so when i heard it clicking I assumed it's just fine. After replacing it machine just works.