585,602 active members*
3,356 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Okuma > Finding Thermistor part number and location Macturn 250w

Finding Thermistor part number and location Macturn 250w

Hi guys...it's always something.
    So yesterday the Macturn threw an error saying one of the thermistors for deformation calculation was out of line (it was like 12 degrees C hotter than the others). Thought that was a bit odd, but watched it slowly cool down. Today, (cold start, well, 78 degree start) that thermistor was once again out of range. I disabled that thermistor (channel 4) and let the machine continue to run. I looked at it later, and it was still 10 degrees hotter than the others (the others were all around 23c, this guy was 36 to 38). So pretty sure thermistor is lying. Found thermistor in electric diagram. However, I cannot find it in the parts manual, nor do I know where "channel 4" is reading from, to even look around that area in the parts manual [is there a PDF parts manual so one can search?]. So how does one figure this out? Or is this one of these "call your local Okuam rep" and deal with them? Thanks

Charlie

this one of these "call your local Okuam rep" and deal with them?
    yep.
    They don't know either, except if they have one participated in McTurn/ Multus training courses.
    The part number for order from Okuma dealer must be in one of manuals, in eletrical parts list.

Ahh, yes , the "maintenance" manual spare parts list (not parts manual) shows they list a THERMISTOR CABLE....Hagiwara 103At-4, Okuma part E4925-653-005-1
    I had seen that before but assumed cable meant cable. Googelizing the Hagiwara 130AT-4, it turns out is a thermistor. (now just need to find where channel four is located )

Found this one for $2.27 qty 1...highly accurate but dirt cheap and used in LiPo batteries and such.
    http://www.mouser.com/search/Product...=103AT-4-70316

Any bets on Okuma pricing? I say over $100.

Any bets on Okuma pricing? I say over $100
    I say $250

For future reference....Channel 3 is screwed into the metal at the bottom of the upper turret tower on the back side, right near the muffler assembly. Channel 5 is a ambient temperature sensor (and a great perfume) , loosely sitting in a hole in metal, kinda near channel 3.

Channel 4 is supposedly somewhere in the upper turret, however the okuma doc just has an arrow pointing to the turret, not really showing the actual location, at least as far as I can see.

Any help in narrowing down channel 4 location (probably same for Multus) would be most appreciated.

Thanks

do you mean a tool spindle saying "upper turret"? It's quite logic to have a thermistor on the spindle

Update for future reference....
    Channel 4 is on upper milling spindle. Remove top flat plate that has radius around B axis. Under the metal hose fitting (just unscrew an pull to a the side) is the thermistor. It is in a hole about 1 inch or so deep. (you may need to use a 3/16 drill or so to clean this up) If you're not using an official Okuma part, you can fashion a decent thermistor holder from 7/32 aluminum tube, putting the thermistor in the end of the tube, barely sticking out, filling the tube with a heat conductive media....(I used copper silicone with a lot of aluminum powder mixed into it). Using the cheap thermistor above, I was exactly the same temp on a cold machine as the other column sensors.

BTW, the okuma price for the sensor was $32, and that included the cable, connectors, etc. So actually pretty reasonable all in all.

I got a 4284 thermistor alarm on an okuma 2sp-150h wondering were the location is can't find it in wiring diagrams or spare parts list thanks