589,390 active members*
8,034 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

G43.4 RTCP PLUGIN FOR MACH3

This plugin is still available?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2g7wh5rrDLA
    Because,I looked at the website "https://www.motion-5x.fr/." it doesn't work.

Re: G43.4 RTCP PLUGIN FOR MACH3

contact me at [email protected]

Hi,
    Mach (3 or 4) has never had an RCTP plugin. I did see one that had been written by a user, although I was of the opinion it was 4 axis and for Mach4....could be mistaken though.

Craig

I know mach3-4 doesn't support RTCP function, I just wanted to prove this plugin.

Hi,
    sorry can't tell you. I used mach3 last about nine-ten years ago, and have used Mach4 ever since.

Mach4 has a quite good screen editing suite which allows you to make your own screen sets quite easily. I have used some, but in the main I'm happy with the standard screen sets, I'm using wx6,
    a six axis screen set with a few additions of my own.

Craig

Quote Originally Posted by joeavaerage View Post
    Hi,
    sorry can't tell you. I used mach3 last about nine-ten years ago, and have used Mach4 ever since.

Mach4 has a quite good screen editing suite which allows you to make your own screen sets quite easily. I have used some, but in the main I'm happy with the standard screen sets, I'm using wx6,
    a six axis screen set with a few additions of my own.

Craig
    I know that well. Everything is great but the problem is that the work I do requires a G43.4.

Supakit.

From what you see in the video I assume that the plugin converts a program with G43.4 (RTCP compensation) to a normal program with G43 by resolving the kinematics in the plugin itself, kind of like some CAM-level post-processors do.

Clearly native RTCP execution in the system is a different matter in many respects.

I think so too because this plugin rebuilds the program without using G43.4 but still maintains the same toolpath. (my opinion)

Not to sound like a broken record - but with a little elbow grease - linuxcnc will do kins and I know people have set it up to switch between tcp and non tcp.

https://forum.linuxcnc.org/10-advanc...xis-kinematics

Hi,
    Mach4 certainly, and Mach3 also, if I'm not mistaken, can do five axis, but not RTCP.

There is nothing special about five axis.Without RTCP it does require that the Gcode be generated relative to the axis centre point of the machine.
    Thus when I do a five axis toolpath (on Mach4) I generate (Fusion Basic + Fusion Machining Extensions) Gcode with the stock material placed relative to the machine centre,
    so that when I put the actual material in the vise it too is in the exact same location, relative to the machine center, as I composed the code. No RTCP kinematics required.

This in turn requires that you have precise knowledge of where the machine centre is on your particular installation and that you be able to place the stock material precisely.
    Provided you have given it some thought it's not too difficult, and it works fine.

RTCP allows you to place the stock material at any given location and have the Gcode 'transformed' by the motion controller to accommodate that the machine centre is not at the same
    location as the 'presumed centre' about which the Gcode was composed. This added ability is highly desired and most PRO level motion controllers have it, whereas HOBBY level controllers
    like Mach do not.

I did see a video on Y-Tube by an Australian guy whom had written a plugin for Mach4 which gave him RTCP, or something approaching it. His description of the process was that it took a lot of programming,
    it took him eight months. I have not followed it up, but it might be possible to buy or license the code from him.

Craig