585,660 active members*
3,267 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Okuma > Great service from Okuma repairer

Great service from Okuma repairer

Hi Guys,

Some of you will know I have spent A LOT of time and energy moving into CNC, purchasing an LB15II and restoring it in my spare time and many of you have helped from the outset when I was testing machines to buy through to help with programming recently. This has been a headache and joy at the same time with plenty of mechanical knowledge between my ears but less detailed electronics.

I have had good help locally as needed but as boards started to fail as I got things moving it all became very frustrating and beyond me – In desperation I reached out overseas for help to locate and isolate the problems and get me back running economically.

I found “CNC technical services” in a google search and although they are in upstate NY and Im in Australia, decided to give them a go.
    I cant speak highly enough of the service I received from them in ‘over the phone’ and online problem isolation, to board repair (sent and returned international shipping) and also buying replacement boards and parts.

They have got me up and running and got me through many further machine break downs very efficiently, professionally and timely.

Cant recommend these guys more highly.
    Give credit where its due I say and Im a very happy customer (with no affiliation).

Sadly I cut the end off my finger guys so Im only running warmup programs now and then to keep the thing ‘functional’. So, till Im healed up, not much is happening.
    Thanks for all your help guys.
    Iain.

Re: Great service from Okuma repairer

so you are in Australia, there are some skilled guys in New York, and you cut your finger

nice combo be careful, spare parts are only for machines or maybe you are a starfish ...

ps : broby is also in Australia
    Ladyhawke - My Delirium, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_bFO1SNRZg

Hey DeadlyKitten,

A little Cryptic but I think youre just laughing at my mix of topics (I hope).

You aren't really in Antarctica are you? A friend lived there for a year working.

Thanks for all your assistance with programming. Hope to be back to it soon. Don't cut the end off your finger, messes lots of things up.

yup, your post is a bit of kiss-hit-in-the-mix

if possible, is good to realize when you are tired, and stop continuing whatever you do, even if you believe that you are in full shape

take it easy, don't rush, because, in the end, is the same

a nervous kind of guy arround here did something smart, and now he can't shake hands like before ... if you are not looking for yourself, i doubt that somebody else will but who am i to give such advices ? just saying ...

about those skilled guys from NY, i was once told about a grinding place ( somewhere in usa ) where ( almost ) all workers are macho-type, and are rolling with choppers : after work they go to gym; can you imagine, brute force, but yet sensible enough to grind ? duuh ...
    Ladyhawke - My Delirium, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_bFO1SNRZg