547,126 active members*
2,993 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Benchtop Machines > have you heard of this machine sx3 benchtop

have you heard of this machine sx3 benchtop

I came across this comapny called axyzmachines.com looks like x2 mini mills converted. the price seems ok 3000 for the fully loaded. What do you guys think.

Registered

Re: have you heard of this machine sx3 benchtop

I wouldn't touch another X2 for cnc with a bagepole.
    While the spindle haeads are not bad (until it stalls), the x,y table is crap!.
    Taable- Twists, vibrates, wears, all over the place, and the gib design is poor.
    For frequent use as cnc these machines are just much too light and not rigid enough.

Nope.

I've never seen that company before and I'd be cautious as I suspect they are probably a build to order type fly by night , though I may be wrong and I don't want to be insulting .

Otherwise , not bad price for a complete package if it's well pieced together with a solid column . They don't provide much info at all . I'd avoid that cheap chinese control and go with mach at the least . The brushless motor is the way to go since the brushed motors go through brushes fairly quick and they burn out after a lot of use

Quote Originally Posted by metalmayhem View Post
    I've never seen that company before and I'd be cautious as I suspect they are probably a build to order type fly by night , though I may be wrong and I don't want to be insulting .

Otherwise , not bad price for a complete package if it's well pieced together with a solid column . They don't provide much info at all . I'd avoid that cheap chinese control and go with mach at the least . The brushless motor is the way to go since the brushed motors go through brushes fairly quick and they burn out after a lot of use

I looks like the machine is using a solid column looks like you have the option of choosing a version of mach3, I do like the spindle motor 6000rpm bldc 1.2nm torque. I will say that i like the yokes for the axis that they are using, they seem pretty sturdy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0660.jpg