586,960 active members*
2,760 visitors online*
Register for free
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > DIY CNC Router Table Machines > Help How do you call this dual size Bolt (Picture Included)
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2008

    Help How do you call this dual size Bolt (Picture Included)

    Hi, Ho do you call this dual size Bolt? One size the thread is clockwise the other size is anti clockwise

    My intention is two built a Gradual platform Similar to this (When I turn the Bolt the distance is shorter or greater depends of the direction):

    if you can also point me where to buy it would be great.


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    I would call it a turnbuckle.
    IH v-3 early model owner

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2010
    You can get them in small sizes (4-40, 6-32, metric equivalents) from any hobby shop that deals in parts for RC cars. They are used to adjust suspension alignment. Not sure where to go if you need larger.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    From the photo, it can't work. A turnbuckle has a threaded rod with a RH on one-half the rod and a LH on the other, and uses two nuts to follow the threads; one LH and one RH. The nut shown in the drawing would only have a LH or RH thread. Would it be easier to mount the nut on the lower plate and just turn the screw to increase or decrease the distance between them?
    I have seen duel threads of two different pitches, (same direction) where one will move relative to the other and used to make very fine or precision adjustments. The nuts have two pitches cut into them, half and half. All of these have a limited travel. If you design a tube, (say 4 inches long) and mount two nuts of different rotations (LH and RH) on the ends of the tube. Then mount threaded rods to the plates, turning the tube would accomplish your goal. Here are two links for examples

    Eye & Eye Stainless Steel Turnbuckles : Ratchet Straps, Tie Down Straps, E Track Tie Downs, Moving Blankets & Pads, Cargo Straps, U.S. Cargo Control

    TURNBUCKLE DIN 1478 - Product Picture From Qingdao Su Mei Da Machinery Co., Ltd.


  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    thanks for the help I will look for some

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2010

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by APinSoFla View Post
    Thats the one thanks

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2024

    Re: Help How do you call this dual size Bolt (Picture Included)

    Being a truck driver for 5 years now, I am personally using these types of equipment and would like to recommend these.


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-10-2010, 07:27 PM
  2. How were these holes milled? Picture included
    By Micro Milling in forum MetalWork Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-26-2009, 02:15 AM
  3. NEMA 23 & 34 Bolt pattern & end frame size in. measurements
    By millman52 in forum Linear and Rotary Motion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-04-2009, 05:41 PM
  4. I'm recutting chips right? Picture included
    By JWB_Machining in forum MetalWork Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-31-2009, 02:50 AM
  5. Bolt size ?
    By dropride in forum Bridgeport / Hardinge Mills
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-17-2008, 12:38 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts