584,829 active members*
5,330 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Help Needed with software

I built and finished my CNC from scratch. Im running Latest version of TNG planet CNC software. I’m having trouble converting formats to work in TNG.
    I have tried a simple.STL logo to carve that I made . I used Fusion 360 to make tool paths. I’m not sure if I did it correctly but I transferred to tng and got error message about format. I tried free version of V carve to see if that would work. I gave up since I have to learn a whole new software format. Im trying to focus on learning fusion 360. If anyone has files that already have tool paths made fof and have run in TNG that i can add my machine dimensions and put tool in and go would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Help Needed with software

So you what you need exactly? You need to know how to generate a PlanetCNC TNG compatible gcode from Fusion360 to be used with your machine?

Quote Originally Posted by PlanetCNC View Post
    So you what you need exactly? You need to know how to generate a PlanetCNC TNG compatible gcode from Fusion360 to be used with your machine?
    Yes, that’s what I’m looking for and trying to accomplish

Have you read any tutorials on how to obtain the gcode from Fusion?
    I believe that there a lot of tutorials that explain how to generate the gcode. This is a multi step process. You need to set your cutting tool(s), you need to configure the machining stages (what, where and how the part is supposed to be milled) and then output the gcode(how to select the postproc etc).

for example:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Do_C_NLH5sw
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whGKwsEY4Vo

I have developed a post processor for Fusion 360 for TNGv2, but with many custom options which only work on my machine.
    If you are interested, i may be able to help you with post processor in fusion 360.