584,812 active members*
5,484 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > how can i enter parameter on fanuc 6T TAKISAWA TS 15

how can i enter parameter on fanuc 6T TAKISAWA TS 15

hi friends my turning center machine lost the parameter this is fanuc 6T control

Do you have a backup copy? If so enter them by hand. If not contact TAKISAWA for a copy. TAKISAWA MACHINE TOOLS (JP)

i dont have.but we start the nc power is on 901 system error alarm appear on the monitor. we tried to enter the parameter manually we cant do it. pls help wats the step to enter parameter 6t machines.

Open the cabinet and locate the main board (it will have anywhere from 3 to 5 boards plugged into it)

There are two switches on the board, one is up at top near the middle, the other is at the lower left corner. Do not play with the top switch.

While the control is on, flip the switch at the lower left corner. It will generate an alarm (I think 100) that is normal.

On the main control, make sure your key switch (if you have one) is set to write/unprotect/whatever your machine builder wrote to let you edit stuff.

Then set your mode to EDIT, press PARAM to get to the parameter screen. Use page up/dn keys (lower set of arrow keys) to get to the page the parameter you want to edit is, then use the upper set of arrow keys to navigate to the specific parameter, then enter the new parameter.

Keep in mind that when you're editing a binary parameter you have to enter the whole thing... so if its 10010000 and you want to set bit 0 to 1, you have to enter 10010001. When you're done, push input to store it, go back to the motherboard, flip the switch back to protect and go to alarm and press reset to clear the alarm.

MAKE SURE YOU PUNCH OUT OR WRITE OUT YOUR PARAMETERS BEFORE PLAYING.

Thak you sir i can check and reply the condition

Just curious, 901 is a bubble memory error. Did you reinitialize your BMU or replace it? You will probably want to do that before re-entering the parameters.

how can i reinitialize bubble memory wats the steps

Hmm, its a bit complex, but here I go... maybe some experts can provide more details...

Error 901 indicates that no error was detected when powering on, but the data is corrupt. So there is a good chance of fixing it by reinitializing it.

First you need too write down that the original defect loop data that is written on your BMU board.
    Power off the NC, remove the BMU board from the master board. Based on the size of the board the location and number of "devices" differ but in general you will have
    the bubble device, the device number and loop data. On really large boards (for this era) you might also have group numbers.
    Then reinstall your BMU board properly and power the NC on while holding both the '-' and '.' buttons.
    You'll get the "IL-MODE" screen
    Press button '4' for Bubble memory initialize
    When you get to the Bubble Initialize screen, press '2' for Write by Manual.
    It will ask you to turn the BMU switch on, do so.
    At the 'INPUT =' prompt, type in the defect loop data (for device 1 if you have more than 1 device listed) using the keypad and press 'INPUT'. Repeat for each loop.
    When you're done entering device 1, press 'START'
    It will write to the BMU, if it thinks your data is wrong, it will alarm.
    If written correctly, it will go on to ask for device 2's loop data.
    When finished, switch BMU OFF, and turn off power to the NC and power it back on.

Now if you get alarms then there is a likelihood that the BMU is toast. Alarm 01 usually means you entered the loop data incorrectly, but the others are no good.

Hello,, i m newer to this zone,, Recently brought old Takisawa-Ts15 with fanuc 6t controller. But unfortunately battery drained off and parameter vanished from machine. Need parameter to restart the machine .Please help me out