584,837 active members*
5,347 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Dynomotion/Kflop/Kanalog > How to use all 8 Axes in Kflop Board Connected with Kanalog Board

How to use all 8 Axes in Kflop Board Connected with Kanalog Board

Hi Everyone,

I have one Kflop Motion Controller connected with Kanalog Board.

And after connecting Kflop JP7 to Kanalog JP14. For using 8 axis i have to multiplex JP7 to JP4 and JP6 due to Kanalog board connections.

But after connecting as i have seen in documents
    Note that the first 8 of 10 I/O pins of Aux #0 and Aux #1 have internal 150 Ohm pull down resistors. Therefore Pins JP4-13, JP4-14, JP6-13 and JP6-14 may not be used in Open Collector mode.
    i have limitation of using only 6 out of 8 axes in STEP/DIR mode.

What does it mean ? or how to use STEP/DIR in JP4-13, JP4-14, JP6-13 and JP6-14.

and i have requirement of using all 8 axes. But due to pin limitation i can't use.

Please help me in running all 8 axes after multiplexing from JP7 to JP4 and JP6 in Kflop Board.

Thank You
    Regards

Amit Kumar

Re: How to use all 8 Axes in Kflop Board Connected with Kanalog Board

Hi Amit,

It just means that those 2 channels only operate as 3.3V LVTTL mode. If your drives accept LVTTL signals they can be used. Actually the specifications for 5V TTL and 3.3V LVTTL are the same (High level must be 2.4V). If your drives require 4.5V you can add an external driver. Such as:

https://cnc4pc.com/differential-line-driver.html

HTH
    Regards
    TK
    http://dynomotion.com

Hi, Tom

As you said

It just means that those 2 channels only operate as 3.3V LVTTL mode. If your drives accept LVTTL signals they can be used. Actually the specifications for 5V TTL and 3.3V LVTTL are the same (High level must be 2.4V). If your drives require 4.5V you can add an external driver.
    I used an External Driver Which supports 3.3V LVTTL mode. And i connected in the pins of JP4 13,14 and JP6 13,14.

I tried running Axes U and V by Manual input. But Both the motors are rotating in 1 direction smoothly. When i reverse the direction by inputting U-10 or V-10. Steppers are vibrating too much and there is no smooth motion. even it is not stopping while running in opposite direction untill i turn off the power.

and What is the Difference between output chan0 and output chan1 in initialization file ?

Please tell me the solution for the U and V axes also.

Thank You
    Regards

Amit Kumar

Hi Amit,

I used an External Driver Which supports 3.3V LVTTL mode. And i connected in the pins of JP4 13,14 and JP6 13,14.

I tried running Axes U and V by Manual input. But Both the motors are rotating in 1 direction smoothly. When i reverse the direction by inputting U-10 or V-10. Steppers are vibrating too much and there is no smooth motion. even it is not stopping while running in opposite direction untill i turn off the power.
    Did you connect a GND? How is it wired exactly? How are the axes configured? Please use the Step Response Move command to first test your axes motion not GCode.

and What is the Difference between output chan0 and output chan1 in initialization file ?
    Some Output Modes require two output devices. In those Modes the Two Output Channels specify the devices. For Output Modes like Step/Direction there is only one output device (one Step/Dir Generator) and only OutputChan0 is used.

Is the 5 Axes AC Tunnion Table RTCP now working?

Regards
    TK

Hi Tom

Did you connect a GND?
    Yes i connected GND.

How is it wired exactly?
    I am using a tmc driver for stepper motor. Step and Dir are connected to kflop board JP4 Pin 13 and Pin 14. and for powering up driver i am using external power supply.

How are the axes configured?
    Axes are configured using output channel 0 to 6. as Step and Dir Generators are 0 to 6 i am using.

Please use the Step Response Move command to first test your axes motion not GCode.
    Yes i tried step response move command but that axis is only running in one direction. in other direction i am getting jerky movement.

Please solve this problem i am facing.

Thank you
    Regards

Amit Kumar

Hi Amit,

I am using a tmc driver for stepper motor. Step and Dir are connected to kflop board JP4 Pin 13 and Pin 14. and for powering up driver i am using external power supply.
    What tmc driver are you using? Do you have the interface specification?

Axes are configured using output channel 0 to 6. as Step and Dir Generators are 0 to 6 i am using.
    To use LVTTL mode you must add 8 to the channel number. So you should be specifying OutputChan0 as values 8-14 not 0-6. Are you doing this? See channel Table here:

Step and Direction Setup

Regards
    TK

Hi, Tom

What tmc driver are you using? Do you have the interface specification?
    I am using A4988 Stepper Motor Driver Carrier driver, Here is the link for driver and interface specification.

https://www.pololu.com/product/1182

To use LVTTL mode you must add 8 to the channel number. So you should be specifying OutputChan0 as values 8-14 not 0-6. Are you doing this? See channel Table here:
    Yes i added 8 to channel number also. and using values 8-14 to outputchan0.

Now please help me regarding connections of this driver to kflop board.

Thank You
    Regards

Amit Kumar

Hi Amit,

What Logic power supply are you using? To be TTL compatible it would need to have a 3V power supply. The A4988 Logic High requires 0.7 x Vdd. For Vdd=5V the high level would be too high 3.5V. A true TTL input should only need 2V for a valid high level.

Regards
    TK

Hi Tom

What Logic power supply are you using?
    I am using a regular computer SMPS which has supply for 3.3V as well as 5.0V.

What if i want to use Normal mode for all 4 Linear axes X,Y,Z,U not LVTTL ? and my A, B, C are already used.

Is there any way of using that.?

Thank You
    Regards

Amit Kumar

Hi Amit,

I am using a regular computer SMPS which has supply for 3.3V as well as 5.0V.
    Which are you using?

What if i want to use Normal mode for all 4 Linear axes X,Y,Z,U not LVTTL ? and my A, B, C are already used.
    I'm not sure what you mean. By "Normal mode" do you mean Step/Dir Generator 5V Open collector mode? If you do not multiplex the Step/Dir Generators then all 8 can be used in 5V Open Collector mode or TTL mode independently. If you do multiplex Step/Dir Generators to KFLOP JP4 and JP6 then 2 can only be used in TTL mode. If you need 5V signals on those 2 you will need to add an external line driver.

Regards
    TK

Hi Tom ,

Which are you using ?
    I am using open collector step/dir mode.

If you need 5V signals on those 2 you will need to add an external line driver.
    Which line driver i should use to make kflop board JP4 Pin 13 and Pin 14 to work with open collector step/dir mode for +5V.

Waiting for your kind reply.
    Regards

Amit Kumar

Hi Amit,

Which line driver i should use to make kflop board JP4 Pin 13 and Pin 14 to work with open collector step/dir mode for +5V.
    You might use:

AM26C31CDR
    Texas Instruments IC QUAD DIFF LINE DVR 16-SOIC

Or a 3rd party module such as:
    https://cnc4pc.com/c72-differential-line-driver.html

Regards
    TK

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the reply i will let you know about the updates.
    Regards

Amit Kumar