540,707 active members*
6,571 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > I/O using Ethernet for FANUC 18i-PB

Lightbulb I/O using Ethernet for FANUC 18i-PB

We have Amada Vipros 2510C with FANUC 18i-PB Controller.
    We have been using RS232 since years however it has given us its fair share of problems. Majorly we had a burnout issue on main board due to RS232 (Not exactly sure how/why it happened) costing us a lot.

This prompted us to try other i/o devices. We tested the memory card slot near LCD but that is also non-functional. Floppy disc drive is also non-functional. That leaves us to use the RS232 again or buy a new DNC device which the sales guys are asking us to do.

We noticed there is a Ethernet port also on the controller back and wonder if that can be used to the program transfer. I have tried scratching through online manuals but nothing concrete I could find. I asked our repairs guy and he said it is possible but he does not have any information on how to do it.

Does anyone here can help us with this. I would really appreciate it.

Registered

Re: I/O using Ethernet for FANUC 18i-PB

Call Fanuc and ask for the Program Transfer Tool. This will load part programs into the controller VIA Ethernet.

Registered

like drdos said,buy the Program transfer tool software from Fanuc,is cheap and is an easy program to use for transfer files,it is drag and drop.
    Also check if you have the EMBEDD menu on the cnc for setting the IP.
    if you do not see it ,it means you have to buy the option for it also from Fanuc.

Quote Originally Posted by drdos View Post
    Call Fanuc and ask for the Program Transfer Tool. This will load part programs into the controller VIA Ethernet.
    Quote Originally Posted by zavateandu View Post
    like drdos said,buy the Program transfer tool software from Fanuc,is cheap and is an easy program to use for transfer files,it is drag and drop.
    Also check if you have the EMBEDD menu on the cnc for setting the IP.
    if you do not see it ,it means you have to buy the option for it also from Fanuc.
    Thank you for your suggestions. We do have Embed option available on our machine so thats not an issue.

I did check with fanuc website but sadly there is no mention of the tool on our country's website.

I saw some brief mentions about setting FTP on the PC and that way we can transfer via ETH but there is not much info/tutorial about it available. If anyone can explain the steps/ link me then it would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Registered

ask Fanuc to sell this
    A08B-9510-J515 Program Transfer Tool (via Ethernet)
    i suggest this because is more easy for you to just drag and drop programs and you can connect 100 machines to it