547,444 active members*
1,645 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > IKEGAI TU15 Fanuc O-T 998 ROM Parity: ROM No. 801 System Alarm
    Registered

IKEGAI TU15 Fanuc O-T 998 ROM Parity: ROM No. 801 System Alarm

I was called to see this machine showing the system alarm 998 ROM Parity: ROM No. 801. The system board P/N: A16B-1010-0281/03A.

According to Fanuc O-T manual, 801 is the ROM that may be corrupted or damaged. The only place where I found that ROM number was in an EPROM that is in a cartridge that is attached to this system board. Cartridge P/N: A02B-0091-C111. The owner of this machine had bought another cartridge with same P/N from eBay which once installed shows same System Alarm. I already read the contents of both cartridges and they are not the same.

I checked with CookeCNC and they told me that this cartridge usually contains data that is machine specific and only the Machine Tool manufacturer may have it. However, IKEGAI seems to be no longer in business. I wonder if anyone of you guys has this same machine where we could get the EPROMS contents from.

I read both EPROMs using a MiniPro Universal Programmer vrs. 6.60. Chksum for 801 chip was 0x0054 3364. Chksum for 802 chip was 0x0054 7D96 per MiniPro software.

Please, if anybody can help, let me know.

Thanks in advance

Rafael Larios

Re: IKEGAI TU15 Fanuc O-T 998 ROM Parity: ROM No. 801 System Alarm

That cassette stores a custom program (i.e Macro Executer) created by the OEM or a 3rd party. That is why the purchased cassette and original's contents do not match. They are not interchangeable.
    You would need to burn the original contents onto the new cassette assuming it is not corrupt.

If you unplug that cassette will the control boot past the system alarm?
    Specifically what series 0 control are you working on?
    Can you advise on the led status on the mother board?

Registered
    Quote Originally Posted by oetkbyentc View Post
    That cassette stores a custom program (i.e Macro Executer) created by the OEM or a 3rd party. That is why the purchased cassette and original's contents do not match. They are not interchangeable.
    You would need to burn the original contents onto the new cassette assuming it is not corrupt.

If you unplug that cassette will the control boot past the system alarm?
    Specifically what series 0 control are you working on?
    Can you advise on the led status on the mother board?
    I just got brand new EPROMs to burn the contents of original cassette. I'll let you know what results I get.

If cassette is not in place, we get a Watchdog alarm.

We used to get 911 RAM parity alarm. After RAM was replaced, no more RAM parity alarms.

I'll check later this week board status LEDs, and 0 control version.

Thanks

Rafael