584,817 active members*
5,055 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Issue with A-axis on Chinese Workbee Stb5100

Just built a Workbee 1x1m and tried motor movement. Having an issue that A-axis is making loud rattling noise like GRRR. You would hear such noise if you would drag a lead screw perpendicular across a metal edge.

System is Win10 Laptop hooked via usb motion controller Stb5100 running Motor Driver Board TB6600.
    For this I realize I need to have a manufacturer usb driver but it was not supplied. I am using a usbmach.dll I found online.
    X and Z axis motors are turning normal and moving the head. When I try to jog in Y direction A-axis (screw) is not rotating but rather oscillating turning clockwise/counterclockwise and making a loud noise. Y-axis and A-axis motors are a twin pair supporting Y dir movement of gentry. When I disconnect A-axis motor, Y-axis motor and movement works fine.
    I have made A be slave to Y. Other than non original usb driver and maybe incorrect Mach3 setup I am not sure what could be an issue here. A axis is coupled well to lead screw, and screw is moving freely when machine is powered down.

Wondering if anybody came across anything similar?

Re: Issue with A-axis on Chinese Workbee Stb5100

Try disconnecting the Y and A axis steppers from the ball Screws ( lead screws?) and observe how they behave. Do they turn in the correct directions and run at the same speeds?