586,011 active members*
3,779 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Mechanical Engineering > Linear and Rotary Motion > linear motion parts in ontario canada?

linear motion parts in ontario canada?

can someone recommend me some places where i may find these types of things? ground stock, ballscrews, linear bearings , anything of that nature.

I ship to Canada, and will also serve as a central shipping location if you want to buy from other US suppliers. Check out my website at www.cncrouterparts.com for more information on what I sell.

Thanks,

Ahren
    www.cncrouterparts.com

elninio

Sorry, don't know the answer to your question. I live virtually on the American border and have started to use an American parcel depot. Aside from basic tooling, Canadian suppliers seem to be either nonexistent or unreasonably priced. Would gladly be proven wrong on this.

ahren

If you are willing to be a central shipping depot this should be stated in a prominent place on your site. Bet you would get a lot of takers! Even your small current parts list (of other suppliers) could add up to a small fortune in shipping for Canadian customers. It's also refreshing to see a separate charge for Canada and Mexico. To many lump us in as generic "international shipping".

Are you using postal service or ups for Canadian shipping? UPS charges a brokerage fee. $30 plus I think. Postal delivery is a $5 customs handling fee [1], the same fee I (sometimes) pay when clearing through customs personally.

[1] not applied in every case

I always have my stuff shipped to a us depot near the border for many reasons...

Shipping into the us vs canada fees are cheaper
    Customs guys always open boxes and never repack properly
    Some companies will not ship to canada

i's only a 60k or so drive for m so not so bad...

Where in canada are you?

Hi again all. Thanks for the advice -- I'm mainly interested in selling my own parts, but I am willing to help those who want to use my parts with components from other US suppliers.

I'll be releasing some new low-cost linear guide parts in the near future to work with 8020 extrusion, so keep checking in. Feel free to PM me if you're interested in purchasing parts from other US suppliers along with my parts, and we can work something out.

Ahren
    www.cncrouterparts.com

ahren

Good luck with the new enterprise. I'm busy with an X2 mill conversion at the moment but will keep you in mind for the next project. You might find this interesting
    http://www.cnczone.com/forums/archiv...p/t-35346.html

It looks like McMaster Carr will not ship to new Canadian customers. Another reason your offer to supply other parts (along with your parts) should be of interest to hobby folk over here.

yoopertool

Who was the question addressed to? There are 3 Canadians in this thread. I'm in Manitoba, close enough to a U.S. town to travel by bicycle. Very much rural.

I am in Alberta just south of Calgary. Been watching to see how you where making out for suppliers this side of the border. In my other hobby (RC models) there are some suppliers that supply us and it gets down mainly to the shipping. I figure if it comes UPS to double the cost from there extra charges. I like USPS but the problem there is size.
    I posted a while ago looking for suppliers also with no luck so if you come up with some that are competitive I would like to know. Digikey is one for electronic items that I deal with. Although there website is US they must have a shipping point in Maintoba. I order today and Purolater shows up tomorrow. That is up and beyond what I expect but it is appreciatted for somebody also in a rural setting.
    John

linear supplier in ontario

Try motion industries canada in Cambridge,Ont. On franklin st I believe.They can order linear supplies and they ordered my ballnuts from Rockford.

CNC item in Canada

Quote Originally Posted by elninio View Post
    can someone recommend me some places where i may find these types of things? ground stock, ballscrews, linear bearings , anything of that nature.

elninio----- ?
    yulcom1--- South of Calgary AB
    cyclestart- Southern MB
    elogicca--- East of Ottawa and west of Montreal

Hi guys

I am in Kitchener, Ontario

Where does everyone else live?

I have recently ordered a catolog from

FAZTEK T-Slotted Aluminum Solutions in the US.

I received their catalog along with some other information from
    Motion Canada Industrial Automation Products Group.

Their head (or Ontario) office is in Burlington, Ontario. They have branches in every province except PEI.

I have the phone numbers for all on their list if anybody needs them but none are toll free. Their website is www.motionindustries.com

I am in no way connected with them and have no idea if their prices are good or bad. I do know that the companies that they represent are impressive.

I am still in the planning stages so have not ordered anything as yet so don't know about their prices or service.

Hope this helps

Don

East of Ottawa and west of Montreal not too far from the ont border.....

But i bring everything in from the states, especially since er .... lets just say buying power is up

Hi Guys,

I'm from montreal area and i've been dealing with motion ndustries a couple of time, generally they have good prices but you have to buy a lot to get good discount. they mostly have high-end brand, no cheap parts for hobbyist like me....

Francois

Re: linear motion parts in ontario canada?

Hi

This place is in Barrie Ontario, Canada and deals in 80x20 mm parts 59 inch long pieces and V bearings steppers are a little costly being combined with the driver all-in-one units
    Linear rails aren't bad for price and rack and pinion come in 59" pieces all sold in Canadian dollars as of June 2015

.https://snbinc.ca/store/index.php?index

Re: linear motion parts in ontario canada?

Just thought I would put a plug out there.
    I bought a couple of stepper motors and drivers from a guy north of Bowmanville.
    Just south of Lindsay. Good guy, helped me out quit a bit.
    He's got a small shop but sells steppers and drivers.
    Stepper Motor Store
    Cheers.