585,712 active members*
4,131 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Angry mach 3 licence

Hi everyone im real new to the cnc industry and hence hope i havnt been took for a ride.
    Ive had a cnc router built for me by a company who as part of the package supplied Mach 3 ,unfortunately the problems have started from the get go , machine is running with terrible vibration ,the fabrication is out of square and i havnt been supplied with the licence that i am assuming the supplier had to purchase to install it on my machine which leads me to think it is a copy that may be corrupted maybe i dont know ?. Im dealing with the issues regarding build quality but close to throwing the towel as the problems seem to mount up .
    I guess im looking for the answer to the software issue here as if this is the case i dont think its worth me trying to pursue a fully functional machine.
    Sorry for the rant just leaves me deflated after such a long wait

Re: mach 3 licence

It doesn't sound like the issues you're having are caused by the software, but if you think it's corrupted, you can download a fresh copy from Machsupport.. You can also buy a valid license directly from them. Mach3 will work in demo mode for 500 lines of code, without a license being necessary. Then it will quit.

Who built this machine for you? Sometimes a little "naming and shaming" will cause companies to rethink their actions. Was this company in the same country as you, or is it overseas? In the former case you might have some recourse; in the latter, not so much.
    Andrew Werby
    Website