530,019 active members*
3,124 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Uncategorised CAM Discussion > Machine will cut out circles fine but goes crazy cutting pockets
Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1

    Machine will cut out circles fine but goes crazy cutting pockets

    I have a china zone cnc 6090. I am using easel free to design and usb cnc controller to run the machine. I designed a board with multiple pocket shapes to cut 1/2” into the board. Shown is the tool path which looks fine. It starts with the square which cuts perfectly. Once it switches over to cut the circle it starts going haywire. It moves very erratically moving along one of the axis cutting a curly q like pattern. It’s like it cannot control both axis at the same time. I tried a different file with the same shapes in a different pattern. It cut the square and diamond fine. But once it went to the star. It did the same thing. I tried a pattern cutting out circles instead of pocket circles. It cut perfectly. What could the problem be. One thing I noticed is as it cuts the square its very smooth and precise and steady. When it goes to the curcle or star it appears to speed up the feed rate.

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    11558

    Re: Machine will cut out circles fine but goes crazy cutting pockets

    Quote Originally Posted by Loveofthegrainworkshop View Post
    I have a china zone cnc 6090. I am using easel free to design and usb cnc controller to run the machine. I designed a board with multiple pocket shapes to cut 1/2” into the board. Shown is the tool path which looks fine. It starts with the square which cuts perfectly. Once it switches over to cut the circle it starts going haywire. It moves very erratically moving along one of the axis cutting a curly q like pattern. It’s like it cannot control both axis at the same time. I tried a different file with the same shapes in a different pattern. It cut the square and diamond fine. But once it went to the star. It did the same thing. I tried a pattern cutting out circles instead of pocket circles. It cut perfectly. What could the problem be. One thing I noticed is as it cuts the square its very smooth and precise and steady. When it goes to the curcle or star it appears to speed up the feed rate.
    Need to post your program Just past it in a reply
    Mactec54

  3. #3
    First photo is the tool path in usb cnc controller software. And the second is the path it actually took

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    Need to post your program Just past it in a reply
    The design program is Easel & the software for running the machine is “USB CNC Controller”

  5. #5
    Registered
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    143

    Re: Machine will cut out circles fine but goes crazy cutting pockets

    Does the tool movement look normal when you are "cutting air" instead of wood ?

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorbit View Post
    Does the tool movement look normal when you are "cutting air" instead of wood ?
    No it doesn’t. I paused the operation, went into usb cnc control software tried to change the feed rate. For whatever reason it didn’t change. And then the machine seemed to slow down and gain control. It’s really weird. It’s like when it gets to curves and circles it gets fast and go nuts.

Similar Threads

  1. I want to build a fine cutting machine
    By Znc in forum General Laser Engraving / Cutting Machine Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-04-2016, 09:35 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-06-2015, 06:17 AM
  3. Mach3 PostProcessor generating crazy toolpath. (huge circles)
    By carmamir in forum Post Processors for MC
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-05-2014, 02:24 PM
  4. Machine cutting big circles around my part!
    By lpbug in forum Machines running Mach Software
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-16-2013, 10:53 PM
  5. Need advise to help me fine a CNC Plasma cutting machine
    By samtes in forum Want To Buy...Need help!
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-15-2012, 03:36 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •