585,733 active members*
4,968 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Deckel, Maho, Aciera, Abene Mills > Maho (Phillips432) graphics help please?
Page 2 of 5 1234
    Okay I open up an take a closer look under the keyboard. And se if I can se a battery. I looked into the back of the machine .but I could't find anyting there. I check it This weekend.

Searchin for the battery.
    I Have locked Under the Keyboard. Behind the display And the undrside of the But I can't find this?
    Any other place to search for this battery

My Maho has the battery deep inside the control compartment at the back of the mc. You can not see it at all nor access it without its 12volts becoming disconnected from the memory as you pull out the tray, so you lose all the parameters at battery changes, a real dumb design. You have to undo some screws & pull out a panel or tray/box & a standard gell type lead acid type motorbike type battery is there, about 150mm long.
    I saw a photo of a used mc for sale in Germany & they had the battery just sitting there on the floor of the controls compartment always in full view with wires leading into the guts, at least this way you could connect up a new one without power being lost to your memory! A new battery should last for many years, but if you are about to put in all your parameters I would install a new battery first &maybe try the above trick, or look into modifications to allow some way of backing up power during battery swaps.

Look for the battery under the cover plate indicated with the arrow in the attached picture. If you control boards are located in the operator station, the battery will be there, NOT on the back of the machine. Only in new type machines did MAHO relocate the control to the back cabinet. If you control is in the operator station, then the battery is there for sure. And just for a side note, it is rather difficult to get tools into the small area to remove it. What I did, was to make the battery wires longer so that I could attach the battery to the side of the cabinet with a small sheet metal bracket. This makes it much easier to check, or replace if needed.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails maho battery location copy.jpg  

Found it

Have been a bit bussy last weeks but yesterday I tried to locate the battery. I found it :banana:. It was under the panel. But I had to take out the power card from Behind/Underneath the panel. I think I will place the battery at the outside of this slot. So it will be easier to check and change if needed.
    the battery is 6V 10Ah. In a local shop i found a battery 6V with 12 Ah. This battery had the same messurements as the origianl battery. There should not be any problem to use a 12 Ah battery?

Another CNC opperator in my Area who have a Maho 432 control had a A20 alarm on start up. Anyone have an error list for A errors. I found that this is a system error but can't find any info about it anywhere
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Powercard2.jpg   Powercard.jpg   Battery.jpg  

Yes, best to change the setup so as to be able to swap the battery without losing the 6volts power so you cant lose all your memory &parameters, might need double leads for a 2nd ie another battery to allow keeping 6v on while the battery is exchanged. I reckon the bigger battery will be OK if it is fully charged before you fit it.

Very good idea to move the battery to a place thats more accessible, for future battery changes. The amp/hour rating is not so critical as long as it is something close to 12/hour. As far as the A20 alarm, I have never seen this, but sometimes when you get these strange alarms it means the system has corrupted constants or some constant is not set correctly. Also when you start the control, look at the self-test during the boot sequence. Observe if everything gets a "pass", or if something fails. You may try reloading the constants, see if that gets rid of the A20.

I got a little closer today. Seems as my control is quite old. I don't have more than 214 parameters. So I migth not have the drip fees oportunety.

I fitted my new battery outside the power box I think this will work OK. I checked the voltage 6.0 before power up. After power up the control 6.15 V.

I cant get the panel version of constant memory switch to work. I press test and choose machine constant menu. But i can't find any "operate mc" soft key.

But I found the switch insde my cabinet. So I inserted all my parameters. Put the switch back again at started up again. But now i got a I01 Error. I found this in the manual. If I translate rigth this means something like conection without voltage. Anynoe have any idea?

smoregrava:
    I01 usually means the the drives and hydralics are not running. It is the samething as pressing the emergency stop button. This is the normal way the machine starts. Now you must start the machine hydraulics and drives. To do this , first press the "manual" operation button on the panel. Then press the "clear control" button if there is one. Now press the "hydraulic start" and hold it down (you may hear some relays clicking and the pump cycle on). While holding the hydraulic on button down, at same time press the "clear" button on the panel. You may need to repeat the hydraulic-clear button a few time until it catches and stay on. It's kind of like learning to operate the cluch in your car. The timing of button presses is kind of fussy. If it still won't start, press and hold down the hydraulic button, while looking at the 2 digit fault display unit on the side of the electro cabinet. It should show 00 or --, if the system is good. If not and there is some number there, then you need to look in the electrical wiring manual to see what the numbers mean. It usually show someting like low oil level or pressure, or a circuit breaker is tripped.

I tried the clear and hydraulic buttton but notting happend. When I did this before I heard that the machine connected so it should work after I have added my parameters. I also checked the emergency button on the panel but now I remeber that it is one more emergency button on the side of the cabinett. I migth have pressed this in by an acident while trying to reach my memory button ( Machine is standing a little close to the wall). I forgott this(chair)

Here is how i fitted the battery
    outside the power card. And a picture of my memory switch inside my cabinet
    manual after is the screen a have when starting up after all parameters is set.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails backup bat outside.jpg   backup bat outside2.jpg   manual after.jpg   memory switch.jpg  

As I asumed the emergency button on the cabinet was activated. I reset this and tried to start up again. Now I hear the hydraulics connect. But still I can't manage to stay conected. I cant find any 2 digit fault display unit on the side of the electro cabinet. My machine migth be a little older. anyway I will recheck oil levels and circut breakers, end switches and more. I have not conected any air pressure to the machine. Acual I havent seen any connection for air. I have to look a little closer. Seems to me as I am really close to a working machine here

I have checked oil levels and have tried to set the hydraulic button. But it wont stay on. After some testing I discovered that if I hold the hydraulic button in and press clear. Then I war able to jog the axes. I tested all tree axses in bouth directions. Worked fine. Strange that I can't manage to stay on. When I hold the button down and press clear it seems to be in ready position.

I'm sorry, I don't quite understand what your trying to say. It is normal that you have to press "clear" button after holding the hydraulic start button. Are you saying that the machine will not stay on if you release the hydraulic button??

yes correct it does not stay on when I release the hydraulic button.
    I have tried the sequence you dercribed. But it wont stay on.
    Also tried to press bouth buttons at the same time two times inside 5 sek.

You must press " Hydraulic Button" ,"Hydraulic button" ," "Clear button" and "Hold" the "clear button" until the machine starts all within 5-10 seconds or it will not start.

It may take a couple of times of doing the above sequence.

Regards
    Deckeldoctor

Bodger I may be coming to your area in a couple of weeks for service calls.

Tried the secuence this morning. But same result. As soon as I release hydraulic button the hydraulicsgoes off. I tried press " Hydraulic Button" ,"Hydraulic button" ," "Clear button" and "Hold" the "clear button" until the machine starts but it won't start.

When I turn machine on i got error I01,I01
    If i hold down the hydraulics and press clear and release the Hydraulic button then I got O05,I01 Regarding to my manual this seems to be rigth. and the manula says I then should press Hydraulics and clear button.

Anyway. If I hold the hydraulic button pressed in with one finger. I'm able to run all the axes. I also mannage to do referens search in all axses.

I took a fast look into the wiring scheme. And I se that it should be a ligth showing the Hydraulics is on. Should this ligth up when I press down the hydraulic button? I belive the ligth bulb is in the button?
    There is no ligth there now.

You must press " Hydraulic Button" ,"Hydraulic button" ,"AND "Clear button" and "Hold" the "clear button and hydraulics " until the machine starts all within 5-10 seconds or it will not start.

Sorry for the typo in the above post, the second time you must press hydraulics and clear and hold until the machine starts.

Did this machine operate before?

If this is the first time this machine is being commissioned try changing 2 wires of the 3 phase going into the machine maybe the hydraulic pump is trying backwards and cannot build pressure and the machine will not start because of this.

Regards
    DD

Yes its the first time I start this machine. The owner before me never had it running. Because he did not have 400V in his workshop. I did not have 400 V at my workshop eigther so I bougth a 220-400 step up transformer. I have to check this

mvh Arild Brudeli

I looked at you Ski winch thats one way to do it with no boat.:cheers:

I too ride motorcycles,I have had a BMW 500 & 600. My current motorcycle is a 1981 Honda Goldwing that I bought new and it has 176,000 miles on it with no problems. I have never had to much to it other than maintenance change the cam belts and cables.

Regards
    DD

Hello Arild

You are logged into the site have you tried switching the wires?

Regards
    DD

Page 2 of 5 1234