547,435 active members*
2,348 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    Registered
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    56

    Manual VFD speed control issue

    Hi I have a Huanyang VFD 110V air cooled 1.5KW spindle with a 400hz and 24000 rpm. Out of the box it seems that all of the appropriate settings are preset correctly. I wired it up and it came on and spun up to 24000 rpms per the display without issue. I built a manual spindle controller and have it wired per attached drawing. I have the VFD setting changes listed as well. My issue is it powered on and the controller worked, but I am maxing out at about 11500 rpms, no where close to 24000 rpms. Is there a setting that I am overlooking that is effecting the rpm output??

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    12962

    Re: Manual VFD speed control issue

    Quote Originally Posted by woodworker2 View Post
    Hi I have a Huanyang VFD 110V air cooled 1.5KW spindle with a 400hz and 24000 rpm. Out of the box it seems that all of the appropriate settings are preset correctly. I wired it up and it came on and spun up to 24000 rpms per the display without issue. I built a manual spindle controller and have it wired per attached drawing. I have the VFD setting changes listed as well. My issue is it powered on and the controller worked, but I am maxing out at about 11500 rpms, no where close to 24000 rpms. Is there a setting that I am overlooking that is effecting the rpm output??
    There is no way this VFD was programed as shipped, so you should go through all the needed Parameters that match this spindle specs or at least check them, you are using remote control so all the Parameters related to that have to be set

    Plus the J1 jumper will need to be in the right position

    PD001=1
    PD002=1 ( Plus J1 Jumper Position )
    PD072=400
    PD073=120
    Mactec54

  3. #3
    Registered
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    56

    Re: Manual VFD speed control issue

    Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    There is no way this VFD was programed as shipped, so you should go through all the needed Parameters that match this spindle specs or at least check them, you are using remote control so all the Parameters related to that have to be set

    Plus the J1 jumper will need to be in the right position

    PD001=1
    PD002=1 ( Plus J1 Jumper Position )
    PD072=400
    PD073=120
    Yes the jumper was moved.

  4. #4
    Registered
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    56

    Re: Manual VFD speed control issue

    pd072 was set to 400, I set pd073 to 120, now Ican't get it back to display the rpms.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    12962

    Re: Manual VFD speed control issue

    Quote Originally Posted by woodworker2 View Post
    pd072 was set to 400, I set pd073 to 120, now Ican't get it back to display the rpms.
    You just have to press the button on the keypad to light up that mode the led will be red for the mode you select
    Mactec54

Similar Threads

  1. Huanyang VFD speed control
    By morfeus80 in forum Spindles / VFD
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-07-2019, 02:25 PM
  2. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-01-2018, 10:04 AM
  3. MX4660 VFD Speed Control Issue
    By Joe2014 in forum Leadshine
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-11-2016, 11:23 PM
  4. How to control spindle speed vfd
    By MystRacing in forum Mach Software (ArtSoft software)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-08-2011, 03:45 AM
  5. Mach 3 VFD speed control
    By JpBinc in forum General CNC Machine Related Electronics
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-25-2010, 05:10 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •