530,079 active members*
2,684 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

My solution for the computer switch

I installed an AB selector switch on my 1100 to keep the old guy from turning it off when reaching for the coolant switch! I used the selector as its different than the factory computer or coolant switches, just another level of safety in that regard ha!

I did use my homemade knockout cutter to cut a hole in the panel, I made it back in the 70's because the standard knockout kit coesnt contain one thats the correct size. I now need to come up with a "catchy" name plate for it.

All joking aside, it does work and keeps me from hitting the wrong switch inadvertently.........................
    mike sr

Registered

Re: My solution for the computer switch

Just make a label that says "The Correct Switch."
    Or, if you want to pun on the position on the panel, call it "The Right Switch."

Quote Originally Posted by jwatte View Post
    Just make a label that says "The Correct Switch."
    Or, if you want to pun on the position on the panel, call it "The Right Switch."
    It is working out well though.

I was thinking "Catastrophic failure"
    mike sr

Registered

Quote Originally Posted by popspipes View Post
    It is working out well though.

I was thinking "Catastrophic failure"
    After you mentioned this I looked at the power strip I use for PP control, monitor and other stuff. I have it mounted along side of a rolling tool box for easy access. I ended up moving it as high as I could and using the top 2 switched outlets for the PP control and monitor.
    As it was I could easily bump those switches with my knee, vacuum hose or rolling shop chair .And failure would be next
    When you mentioned this I was like I never use those on machine controls so nothing to worry about. Wrong, my setup was ready made for bozo to crash it all.

Quote Originally Posted by mountaindew View Post
    After you mentioned this I looked at the power strip I use for PP control, monitor and other stuff. I have it mounted along side of a rolling tool box for easy access. I ended up moving it as high as I could and using the top 2 switched outlets for the PP control and monitor.
    As it was I could easily bump those switches with my knee, vacuum hose or rolling shop chair .And failure would be next
    When you mentioned this I was like I never use those on machine controls so nothing to worry about. Wrong, my setup was ready made for bozo to crash it all.

MD at my age I need as many things bullet proof as I can make them, this is one of the things that was on the list, I have hit the computer switch quite a few times over the years.
    mike sr