584,842 active members*
4,389 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > UCCNC Control Software > My UCCNC Probe Screen version 4 is available now

My UCCNC Probe Screen version 4 is available now

Some years ago I created a screen set to be able to probe in a more user friendly way than it was possible with UCCNC. It contained a special probe screen and some macros. This stopped working some time ago and that happened without me noticing it, because I don't install every version. The problem been pointed out to me by some users, and after verifying I investigated the cause, which turned out to be due to some changes made in the UCCNC software. The reason was that my screen elements collided with some of the newer UCCNC screen elements, so the Probe screen got messed up. This weekend I managed to find time and fix this, so any of you interested in, or using my Probe screen can download the new, version 4 and install it. It has been tested with my UC300ETH 5LPT controller only, since that is the only one I have, but the screen and the functions are completely independent of the controller, so regardless which one you are using, you can download, install and set up for your machine.

The zipped file contains a user guide also, and that is all the support I am providing. I can not promise any other type of support or help with the installation I made a video some time ago about how to install version 3, and the installation procedure is still the same. The user manual describes the installation, configuration and the use, so if you follow my manual to the letter then you should have no problems. I tested the manual several times, but it is important that it is followed to the letter, otherwise the installation will fail and you have to start over. The Probe screen and the macros don't change any of your UCCNC parameters, so you don't have to worry about that, but it is generally a good practice to take backup before start, so I advise you to do that.

Watch this video for how to install:

https://youtu.be/1g45h-4DVtU

In the video comments you will see instructions on where to find out more about it.

The later version of UCCNC contains a probe feature, but personally I prefer my own since I think it is simpler to use and actually fits my needs better.

Good luck and enjoy.

Re: My UCCNC Probe Screen version 4 is available now

I just want to inform you that it's been tested even with UC100 hardware and is working fine. The probe screen and the macros are not dependent on any hardware, so regardless what you are using, you should be fine if you follow my manual to the letter.

Quote Originally Posted by A_Camera View Post
    I just want to inform you that it's been tested even with UC100 hardware and is working fine. The probe screen and the macros are not dependent on any hardware, so regardless what you are using, you should be fine if you follow my manual to the letter.
    Thank you

One of the less intuitive pArts of UCCNC is the probing interface

Lots of functionality but not super intuitive.

Duke

Re: My UCCNC Probe Screen version 4 is available now

Quote Originally Posted by jduke View Post
    Thank you

One of the less intuitive pArts of UCCNC is the probing interface

Lots of functionality but not super intuitive.

Duke
    You're welcome. I made these initially for my own use a few years ago and at that time UCCNC had no probing, except a very primitive Z height. Now there is one in the software, and I haven't really used it, but had a quick look and I agree, not that intuitive to me, so I will continue using my own.