526,000 active members*
2,650 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Okuma > Need help with programming OSP7000 1999
Page 1 of 3 123
Results 1 to 20 of 45
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    21

    Need help with programming OSP7000 1999

    hi there i am writing this simple program to get the machine to do a simple program lol
    it's basically

    G50 S800
    ( i don't know how to home with okuma)
    G0T0202
    G96 S100 M41 M3
    X3. Z.1
    Z0.
    G1 X0. F.005
    G0 Z.1
    X3.

    (then how do you send home ? ?)
    (M30 or M2) ?
    it's for a 2.5" diameter piece and i am facing it off.

    anyway i write all of that and NOTHING!!!!!!. EDIT QUIT; call the program and then --->>> NOTHING. can someone correct this program please or tell me what i should do in the parameters to make the machine run? ?am i not homing? am i not using proper Gees?
    the machine has neither IGF nor flash drive for loading programs.
    thanks a lot.

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    560

    Re: Need help with programming OSP7000 1999


  3. #3

    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    21

    Re: Need help with programming OSP7000 1999

    Quote Originally Posted by machinehop5 View Post
    no it's the okuma G programming
    how do you write a G28U0W0 ? in okuma language ? cause i can't know where X home or Z home are.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    21

    Re: Need help with programming OSP7000 1999

    one thing with okuma is the excessive amount of writing !!! i have seen programs with "GOTO "
    "DRAW"
    "END"

    "M03""M41" ?? do you have to write another M code for gear?

  5. #5
    Registered
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    301

    Re: Need help with programming OSP7000 1999

    This is for an lb15 with a osp5020l control it has absolute encoders no referencing
    x axis has to be at the limit (x+) to index z can be anywhere. In this example the index is at the furthest position in both x and z
    z0. is the face of the part

    G50S1000
    N2
    (ROUGH FACE)
    (DNMG332)

    (you could put a safe index here if wanted)

    G0G95G96M3S200T0202M41M8( g95 =ipr,g96=csfm,m41=low gear range)
    G0X2.35Z.1
    G1X2.300Z.01F.03
    G1X-.08F.005
    G0Z1.0
    M9
    G0X15.Z15 ( on this control there is no g28u0.w0. this is the safe index position for the index the x15 is actually beyond the limit)
    M01

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    21

    Re: Need help with programming OSP7000 1999

    Quote Originally Posted by rcs60 View Post
    G0X15.Z15 ( on this control there is no g28u0.w0. this is the safe index position for the index the x15 is actually beyond the limit)
    M01
    ok so you're saying i could even put a x22. z22. and it won't alarm out?

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    21

    Re: Need help with programming OSP7000 1999

    Quote Originally Posted by okuma1984 View Post
    ok so you're saying i could even put a x22. z22. and it won't alarm out?
    ok i tried both ways it doesn't wanna run the program. i'll upload a picture. so if the end of the program is a M30 or a M2 the "arrow" next to it goes up for a moment when you try to Cycle start, and then down
    and then nothing


    is something blocking me from running?

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    21

    Re: Need help with programming OSP7000 1999



  9. #9
    Registered
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1051

    Re: Need help with programming OSP7000 1999

    Based on your picture your program has invalid codes. Your program should be showing up in auto as you typed it. Is there a G14 or G13 in it? There should not be. Either M2or M30 can end the program and rcs60 is right about “ home”. There is no home procedure. Just X20 Z20 should take you to the positive limits which is required to index. It will only go as far as it can ( variable limits) and stop with no alarms.

    G0X20Z20
    G50 S800
    ( i don't know how to home with okuma)
    G0T0202
    G96 S100 M41 M3
    X3. Z.1
    Z0.
    G1 X0. F.005
    G0 Z.1
    X3.
    G0X20Z20
    M2

    Btw STM’s come first before axis movement so things will go faster if you combine more on one line:
    G0T0202 G96 S100 M41 M3 X3. Z.1 M8 is acceptable although I prefer to switch to G96 after positioning to the part.

  10. #10
    Registered
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1051

    Re: Need help with programming OSP7000 1999

    Another thought, make sure there’s no O123 or anything at the top or it will consider it a sub program.

    Best regards,
    Experience is what you get just after you needed it.

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    21

    Re: Need help with programming OSP7000 1999

    Quote Originally Posted by OkumaWiz View Post
    Based on your picture your program has invalid codes. Your program should be showing up in auto as you typed it. Is there a G14 or G13 in it?

    Btw STM’s come first before axis movement so things will go faster if you combine more on one line:
    G0T0202 G96 S100 M41 M3 X3. Z.1 M8 is acceptable although I prefer to switch to G96 after positioning to the part.
    invalid codes? ?

    it doesn't even alarm though so i don't know if i am doing something wrong.
    i don't have any G13 or G14
    it's just a straight up facing and homing.. really

  12. #12
    Registered
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1051

    Re: Need help with programming OSP7000 1999

    Your picture only shows the m30 so something is preventing it from showing the rest of the code when it reads it into the run buffer. I’ve seen it if you use the G13 on a single turret machine or if you have O1234 or something at the beginning of the program.

    Please take a picture of your code when displayed in the editor so we can see what you are typing that could affect the program when it reads in.

    Best regards,
    Experience is what you get just after you needed it.

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    21

    Re: Need help with programming OSP7000 1999

    Quote Originally Posted by OkumaWiz View Post
    Your picture only shows the m30 so something is preventing it from showing the rest of the code when it reads it into the run buffer. I’ve seen it if you use the G13 on a single turret machine or if you have O1234 or something at the beginning of the program.

    Please take a picture of your code when displayed in the editor so we can see what you are typing that could affect the program when it reads in.

    Best regards,
    no i get that. trust me i don't have either of those. the problem is i can't even manually move up to the beginning of the program like you would normally be able to do if you had to RESTART OR NUMBER SEARCH in PART PROGRAM right?
    could there be something in the parameters? something is disabled? that should be enabled?

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    560

    Re: Need help with programming OSP7000 1999

    ..show us the PART PROGRAM screen use the soft key. or is your keyboard having problems? How old is this machine?


    This is Auto Mode

  15. #15
    Registered
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1051

    Re: Need help with programming OSP7000 1999

    The only thing that I’ve seen that will cause that is erroneous code. Like I said go to edit mode and take a picture of your code so we can see it. It is not related to parameters or settings in my experience.

    Since you say neither of the things I suggest are the issue, check for open parentheses. If it sees a left without a right one, all the code is ignored until it does.

    Best regards,
    Experience is what you get just after you needed it.

  16. #16

    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    21

    Re: Need help with programming OSP7000 1999

    Quote Originally Posted by OkumaWiz View Post
    The only thing that I’ve seen that will cause that is erroneous code. Like I said go to edit mode and take a picture of your code so we can see it. It is not related to parameters or settings in my experience.

    Since you say neither of the things I suggest are the issue, check for open parentheses. If it sees a left without a right one, all the code is ignored until it does.

    Best regards,
    my apologies for not doing that. i will take a picture of the program. thanks for help. i appreciate it.

  17. #17

    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    21

    Re: Need help with programming OSP7000 1999



    ok so here is the program. i had to go to EDIT to pull it up. i can't have access to it through PART PROGRAM. it just shows M30.

  18. #18

    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    21

    Re: Need help with programming OSP7000 1999

    Quote Originally Posted by machinehop5 View Post
    ..show us the PART PROGRAM screen use the soft key. or is your keyboard having problems? How old is this machine?


    This is Auto Mode
    the only thing i didn't write is the name of the program i think i did everything right ? ? ? ?
    it should do something

  19. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    560

    Re: Need help with programming OSP7000 1999

    ...is your machine chucking CycleStart Interlock set for clamping on OD or ID? or maybe the two M codes on the same line needs changed M3M41 maybe a problem

  20. #20

    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    21

    Re: Need help with programming OSP7000 1999

    Quote Originally Posted by machinehop5 View Post
    ...is your machine chucking CycleStart Interlock set for clamping on OD or ID? or maybe the two M codes on the same line needs changed M3M41 maybe a problem
    so i tried without the M41
    but nothing again. i don't know about the cycle start interlock? how do we check that?

    where would this be
    i don't have the key for it but on my other okuma this is always in the middle position

Page 1 of 3 123

Similar Threads

  1. USB EMULATOR OKUMA OSP7000
    By MORIMAZAK in forum Okuma
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-11-2020, 04:51 PM
  2. Okuma OSP7000 MC-60VA
    By tflaherty in forum Okuma
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-15-2017, 04:38 PM
  3. Okuma lb15 II-m OSP7000 IGF
    By Kholm3 in forum Okuma
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-05-2014, 10:57 PM
  4. Language on OSP7000
    By kurmay in forum Okuma
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-04-2013, 11:12 AM
  5. OSP7000 manuals
    By fomaz in forum Okuma
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 12-29-2012, 11:42 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •