589,390 active members*
7,847 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Need information about Takisawa TS-10!

Hi All!

I've just bought a Takisawa TS-10 lathe with Fanuc 6T control. The machine is in pretty bad condition but it was very cheap and I don't need it right now so it worthed the money.

Unfortunately the rebuilding of the lathe will will not be easy, because the previous owner did not care about the machine, but made it work and profit 24/7. There are new wires installed,some of the wires are cut off, a limit switch is taped around to send permanent signal, etc, so the controll system a little bit messed up, but it works perfectly. Ther's only one alarm message after Power up but I have an idea how to solve that problem and hopefully ther will be no more new alarm after rebuilding process. I think I can figure out all the problems of the "modifications" in the electrical system, but I have no idea about the hydraulic and pneumatic system (auto door) of the machine. I've spent many hours on the Internet trying to find any manuals or at least some informations about Takisawa TS-10 without any success, not even about other old Takisawa lathes!

So if anyone has a schematic, diagram or any kind of manuals of any kind of old Takisawa lathe would share, please contact me! Even a picture or drawn schematic could help me!

Thanks in advance!

Re: Need information about Takisawa TS-10!

Hi All!

A little update. I've already managed to reverse engineer the biggest part of the wiring and the hydraulic system and now I only have got a few questions left because of the missing items of the machine. The followings are the missing informations I would need:

- The machine has a hydraulic cilynder and drawbar and should have two proximity switches as well but both of them are removed. Probably I've found the wire of one of them, because I needed to short it in order that the machine gets out of Estop mode, so that's why I assume that wire belonged to a limit switch. This wire goes to terminal number 501 and number 502. If this wire is the proximity switch number one, than what number of the terminal does proximity swich number two conects?

- The Takisawa TS-10 has a kind of tilt-away tailstosck. The tiliting mechanism is a hydraulic motor, but someone's removed that on my lathe. Can anyone tell me the exact brand and modell of that hydraulic motor?

- I have no idea why, but all of the data plates are missing on the solenoid valves. It seems, all of them are made by Daikin and probably all of them are model LS-G02-2CA-10-548 or something similar. Can someone tell me the exact type of the solenoid valves? There are six of them if I'm correct.

- And the very last thing. In the control panel some ceramic fuses are different than the others, even they belong to the same three phase circuit. For example U phase has 25A, V phase has 20A and W phase has 30A fuse. Can someone send me the proper size of the 18 main fuses please? 30A sounds good to me but I don't want to oversize them.

The other things are pretty clear for me by now, and that's all I could not figure out alone.

If anyone has one of the information abowe, please share with me.

Thanks in advance!

Obviously, if someone need information regarding Takisawa TS-10 and there's anything I can help , just ask me here or send me a pm and I'll share what I know.

Re: Need information about Takisawa TS-10!

Quote Originally Posted by szabika78 View Post
    Hi All!

A little update. I've already managed to reverse engineer the biggest part of the wiring and the hydraulic system and now I only have got a few questions left because of the missing items of the machine. The followings are the missing informations I would need:

- The machine has a hydraulic cilynder and drawbar and should have two proximity switches as well but both of them are removed. Probably I've found the wire of one of them, because I needed to short it in order that the machine gets out of Estop mode, so that's why I assume that wire belonged to a limit switch. This wire goes to terminal number 501 and number 502. If this wire is the proximity switch number one, than what number of the terminal does proximity swich number two conects?

- The Takisawa TS-10 has a kind of tilt-away tailstosck. The tiliting mechanism is a hydraulic motor, but someone's removed that on my lathe. Can anyone tell me the exact brand and modell of that hydraulic motor?

- I have no idea why, but all of the data plates are missing on the solenoid valves. It seems, all of them are made by Daikin and probably all of them are model LS-G02-2CA-10-548 or something similar. Can someone tell me the exact type of the solenoid valves? There are six of them if I'm correct.

- And the very last thing. In the control panel some ceramic fuses are different than the others, even they belong to the same three phase circuit. For example U phase has 25A, V phase has 20A and W phase has 30A fuse. Can someone send me the proper size of the 18 main fuses please? 30A sounds good to me but I don't want to oversize them.

The other things are pretty clear for me by now, and that's all I could not figure out alone.

If anyone has one of the information abowe, please share with me.

Thanks in advance!

Obviously, if someone need information regarding Takisawa TS-10 and there's anything I can help , just ask me here or send me a pm and I'll share what I know.
    Hlo friend
    I am a cnc machines retrofitter, doing same from last 8 years. I have worked on Takisawa, yamazaki, mori seiki etc. I dont remember exact models but doing installation of Syntec cnc controllers on cnc machines. If you want to discuss with me,conatct at [email protected] (+918168294379-my whatsapp)