584,830 active members*
5,881 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Laser Engraving and Cutting Machines > Laser Engraving / Cutting Machine General Topics > Need LaserCad - Sinjoe Closed and my AWC708C Plus "communication unsuccessful"

Need LaserCad - Sinjoe Closed and my AWC708C Plus "communication unsuccessful"

I have a Sinjoe with an AWC708C Plus. I had been running it off LaserCad 7.66 but had to get some computer work done and had to re download LaserCad. Now, after re downloading 7.66, 7.88 AND 7.95 I can get my laptop to recognize the machine when connected by cable but I get the "communication unsuccessful" line when downloading projects to it. Even old saved projects that downloaded fine in the past will not work. The MachName: AWC708C is the Select Mode. Sinjoe apparently is out of business so I haven't been able to get any service there (the website is gone). Used to work with a guy named Felix. Any ideas?

Re: Need LaserCad - Sinjoe Closed and my AWC708C Plus "communication unsuccessful"

I use this same controller on a home built machine. The controller has a section containing parameters that define machine hardware. The only way I can set/modify parameters is with the software provided with the controller. I guess the machine vendor would have provided that but there are other sources
    Lightburn has a DSP version that does a great job managing drawings and communicating to the controller. Can’t seem to use it to set parameters.
    You may want to try lightburn. I communicate using Wi-Fi from lightburn which is very convenient. It also has a USB input.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk