584,871 active members*
5,427 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Manufacturing Processes > Turning > Okuma LB-15 w/ OSP5000L-G Alarm Code 108

Okuma LB-15 w/ OSP5000L-G Alarm Code 108

ISSUE RESOLVED: See self-reply below for details.

Howdy everyone,

Having an issue with an Okuma LB-15 lathe with OSP5000L-G control unit. Was wondering if anyone had ever encountered similar.

The machine boots fine; however it displays alarm code 108. I understand that's commonly an emergency stop code, however I've confirmed that the emergency stop on the control panel is in working condition (by taking the front panel off and doing a continuity test on it). The emergency stop is not engaged and the alarm code does not go away on reset.
    I figured it might be a bad relay in such an old machine, so I dug through the diagrams and found that relay CR3A switches the bit referred to by the alarm code book that sets the alarm. I tested the relay and can confirm that the coil and contacts are operating properly.

I've heard it's possible that a module that's no longer present had been e-stopped before being disconnected. Is it actually the case that such a thing would not be normally resettable? And if so, what's a possible solution?

Thanks!
    Last edited by Ourindar; 06-22-2019 at 08:05 PM. Reason: issue resolved

Just wanted to give an update to this thread in case anyone else ever had a similar issue.

I fixed the issue, and the machine no longer gives the alarm code.
    The bar feeder interface connects to a circular Amphenol connector port on the left side panel of the machine, underneath the serial, parallel, and 110V out ports. After consulting a bar feeder electrical diagram, I bridged pins R and S of the connector with a jumper wire. These are the emergency stop pins for the bar feeder interface (and presumably anything else that connects on that side).

Hello, i have some questions to you and i think that you maybe can help me. Please contact with me by email [email protected]